Sorry if wrong place to post friend just overdosed?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jessie__, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessie__

jessie__ New Member

My friend is incredibly depressed and just called me crying saying she's taken ten paracetamol in around half an hour if not less. She feels a tiny bit sick and slight tightness in chest. I'm really worried PLEASE REPLY ASAP PLEASE
    I don't know if this is right place to post at all can someone please tell me if she's safe or not so I can get round and help her?

2. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

I'm highly recommending getting her to the emergency room ASAP or call your local emergency number!!!!!!

3. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

be calm, and tell her to get to a hospital if shes feeling some adverse effects. try to take it easy, 10 paracetamol isnt hardly enough to kill someone in the least unless theyre allergic to it, or the pills were the size of quarters. make sure she sees a doctor though, cause you can never be too sure.

4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Call emergency services, she should be alright as long as she gets medical help. :hug:

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree need to call medical services they can give her charcoal to absorb the pills she will get help too for her depression call 911 be a friend and get her some help this kind of meds can affect kidney liver

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Jessie and welcome to SF.

What happened? Did you call an ambulance?
    I hope your friend gets the help she needs x

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

How is your friend Jessie? Even if she did not get medical attention, please have her go in and have bloodwork done to check her liver. Chances are she will be fine, but liver failure is not something you want to mess around with.

8. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

I hope your friend is ok. I would alert their parents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.