sorry this is my first post

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by chopsie, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chopsie

chopsie Member

i am at that point in my life where i think i have no choice but to do it, got a few options on how to do it, thing is i wrote an advanced directive years ago and they did resuscitate me so if i wrote one again would they overrule it? i read of a few cases where they stuck to the wishes of the person and they died so would it be the same with me? i mean i wont be calling for help or an ambulance or anything like that so i guess it shoudnt be a problem??? i dunno
    sorry im at the end of my tether with life right now i apologize

2. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

I am not sure whether they would follow a directive to not resuccitate when suicide is concerned. Instead of thinking about suicide could you let us know why you want to do this. People here care whether you go through with an attempt. Much better to talk about it rather than try it.

3. chopsie

chopsie Member

i read a case of a girl who <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods> and had written an advanced directive 3 days before she did i, she had had long term mh probs too, she called an ambulance and was coherent at hospital and died the next day cos the staff just made her comfortable, i dont know, i just feel like its the only way out right now, im staying at a friends have been for 3 weeks now, my cats are moving in with him tommorow so i kow they will be looked after and happy here, im numb right now and i dont know if thats worse!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
  4. GA_lost

I have a suspicion this girl could not be resusscitated without her being a vegetable or something like that. Some methods have the effect of once taken nothing could be done to save the person. Rather the advance directive may have had nothing to do with how she was treated.
    I know what you mean about feeling numb. I have felt that way too many times. How about trying to connect with the person you are staying with.

5. chopsie

chopsie Member

no its a well documented case that she had a gcs of 15 when she went in hossy after drinking the poison and they couldnt do thing,

kerry wooltorton i think was her name

i just wonder if i could make the same thing as i have researched it and its perfectly legal

6. GA_lost

I would much prefer reading why you are feeling so down now. Sometimes we have had people come onto the forum saying a loved one has posted here and is now gone. Please focus more in onto the whys and not the hows.

7. chopsie

chopsie Member

my fiance died 3 and half years ago, i feel like ive gone backto that time in terms of grief, im sturggling with crappy bpd and ptsd and im about to lose my home through eviction from bailiffs and my money has stooped im staying at a friends and ive run up a 190 bill on his internet so im screwed i gotta do it, my life is shit

8. GA_lost

Sorry about your loss. I know what you mean about grief. I also have a hard time letting go of what happened three years ago to me and I am currently dealing with my father's cancer. I understand that no money can be very difficult. Instead of trying to kill yourself tell your friend your problem and promise you will find a way to pay your friend back. I suspect your friend would prefer that to finding you dead. Could you call a help line to talk this out?

9. chopsie

chopsie Member

my dad died last year also and i havent even begun to deal with that hadnt spoken to him for years he hated me :(

i dont know if calling any helpline will help me, im not going to do anythiung right now i assure you. as for my friend i dont know what to do about it? hes been so good feeding me and lookgn after me for past few weeks and now is tsaking my cats on

also someone who i love more than anything in the world has cancer and i dont know how to deal with that either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.