1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry this is stupid.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by iliketocolor, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iliketocolor

iliketocolor New Member

So I feel really stupid for feeling this way right now but I don't know who to even talk to about this.
    I'm not good at being friends with guys. And I met a new group of friends in February and I hang out with them a lot. They have made me so happy and I honestly love life when I'm around them. Especially this one guy who may or may not be interested in me who I am pretty positive I am falling for. Which is dumb because he probably doesn't feel the same way. But anyway, everytime we're not hanging out I am so fucking depressed and I just keep waiting for everything to fall apart like things always do. I don't know how to handle all the feelings that I have and the fact that my life isn't what I want it to be. I know this post doesn't make much sense. It's mainly because I can't make sense of why I feel like dying when I have so many people that love having me around. They make a point of letting me know that and so when I have to go back to reality when I'm not around them, I feel so bad. It's like, going from extreme happiness to extreme depression every single time I see them.
    Now I have this guy who I want to spend all my time with and I can't imagine that he'll ever feel the same way. And I realized I would rather die than deal with the confusion and anxiety I keep feeling. I would rather die than have the possibility that he or all my friends reject me some day. And I feel so stupid because none of this is a good reason to be so depressed.
    I mean, there's other stuff going on in my life too that is contributing to the overall suckiness of life. But this whole situation is the one that is terrifying to me. I avoid have male friends for this exact reason. I have never been good at interacting with men because of my abusive dad and that makes me hate myself even more. So yeah. I'm sorry I wasted your time with my stupid issues. Other people have actual reasons to feel terrible and I just feel bad because I can't hang out with my friends all the time. It's just that I've cried like every day this week. It's also cause my *kind-of* grandma died this week, I'm leaving my shitty job without having a new one yet, and I haven't been able to see my therapist in like 3 weeks. oh and my friend has been in the psych ward all week because he went really fucking manic and it was scary and stressful and I am a mess and I just want to be around people that make me feel happy all the time, and I can't.
    It's honestly just the fact that the possibility of these friends leaving me is out there, that I don't want to live with.
    I think the more I explain it, the more confusing it gets. But I am sitting at work and I feel like crying again. So I didn't know what to do. It scares me that I kind of want to die again. I'm passively suicidal again and I know where that leads. I've been here before...

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN SF Author

Okay - you need to find some space to step back and take a breath. First of all, feeling overwhelmed is not stupid, and feeling that you are vulnerable to being hurt is scary - feelings scared is entirely justifiable.

Nobody can be with people all of the time - that is just a fact of life. I understand that being alone is unpleasant if alone makes your head spin out and you start catastrophising but I really think you need to go back to your therapist and talk this out with him/her. You need coping techniques to self sooth and remain calm in your own company. Your friends obviously like you a lot and there is no reason why that would suddenly change. You need to figure out how to relax into that. (easier said than done - hence the therapist).

Go see your therapist - focus on making an appointment and getting that done. They can help you with the next steps.

Stay safe :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.