Sorry to bother you all (again)

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sadhart, Dec 17, 2011.

1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I have been working for a week now and I actually felt good. I get quite a few compliments everyday which is motivating. A guy next door from where I work actually said that next month if my current employer doesn't need me anymore to help generate business that he will hire me. When I told my cousin this, she complained and kept saying that I should get a job somewhere else. What upset me is that I was grateful and lucky to have gotten this job and now I'm just supposed to quit because. I'm sorry for emailing about this, but it's been bothering me since last night.

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Does your cousin work?
    I say well done for working, jobs are hard to get and hard to keep these days, but you are clearly a good employee. Perhaps your cousin means to compliment you by saying you could do better but I agree with you, take what you can get these days.

3. sadhart

No, she doesn't work. And she obviously doesn't grasp that finding a job isn't as simple as walking in a place and saying "hey I want a job!" What makes me mad is that she is constantly doing this. If she can't take me to work (which is less than 20 minutes away) that's fine. But don't block my opportunities. And she has done this with school, even what I should wear. And no, she isn't complimenting me...she just thinks my life is an extension of hers.

4. windlepoons

She seems to be unhelpful. I know it hard not to pay attention to such comments, but keep reminding yourself, you work and she does not.
    It is easy for me on the outside to say this but what right has she ro say what she has said?

5. sadhart

And I'm willing to put gas in her car, or anything else she needs so it's not like im being selfish. i already decided that if she doesn't want to help take me to work, then I will start walking if that is what I will have to do. I just don't get why she has that mentality

6. windlepoons

It is strange. Some folk are just negative I think. But they are her issues. You are the earner.