Sorry to say all of this

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I had a dream about the girl I felt rejected by from five years ago. In the dream, she said things that seemed to be about me not taking my life but I can't remember for sure what exactly was said. I didn't see her in the dream....it was just words from her on paper or from an email or something. I wish I could stop thinking about her because she sure as hell ain't thinking about me. Tomorrow will mark six months sober, and while i am greatful for that, it is fristrating because the pain that I used to alcohol to numb the hurt is still there. I really feel hopeless about my life. I'm sorry for whining like this.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You're not whining; you're saying how you feel, and that's okay. :hug:

3. richarharrow

richarharrow New Member

We've all reached these 'dark places' before. I'm currently in one, but I'm constantly looking for the blip of light to lead me in the right direction. I've had huge battles of hopelessness lately and I often wake up asking why the F*** am I still here? Some way, some how though I get through the days. Just hanging on to the little hope that things will slowly get better.

I've been in your shoes trust me. I made some great progress since then, but my biggest regret is not getting help many years ago and just having someone to let it all out to.

4. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

Someone said that people with depression just need to grow a pair, "man the fuck up" and except that life is a load of shit and if you accept that, then you won't feel depressed anymore. What the dipshit failed to realilze is that maybe some people already come to the conclusion that life sucks hence why they just say "fuck it" and want to kill themselves. And I get so sick and tired of the "man the fuck up" shit. It makes me sick. Same with "it could be worse: The fuck is that supposed to accomplish telling me some shit like that? So I can feel guilty? Maybe I am not much of a man, but I am a human being, and right now, I am tired of "sucking it up" and all that asinine bullshit. All day so far,people have asked me if I'm okay today..just out of courtesy. And I say yes, but that's not true. I feel sad and hopeless. Sorry, but I just had to say all of this again.

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It's okay; you don't have to apologize. Two of the worst things to say to someone who's down are, "Man up," and "it could be worse." All those phrases do is make the depressed person feel even worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.