Sorry, we can't help you with meds?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by tykata, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tykata

tykata Member

First off lemme say i'm 17 and have been diagnosed with severe clinical depression since January.

First week of January I went to see my GP since then i've taken various strength doses of:

Fluoxetine
    Citilopram
    Lofepramine
    Moclobemide

Plus Propranalol and Diazepam for a social anxiety disorder.

My therapist who was supposed to be a medical consult as referred by my GP has put me on the waiting list for CBT and has told my doctor to withdraw me from all my meds because apprently theres nothing more I can try.
    (SSRI's Tri. and MAOI all tried)

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

there are new medications out there ones for hard to treat depression new ones every day. then add on to meds to. I hope you get therapy soon as it does work

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya, welcome to sf :)

Did any of these meds help at all? I'd imagine diazepam would have helped to some extent with your anxiety disorder.

How long is the waiting list for CBT?

4. tykata

tykata Member

None of them helped iirc even my last dose which was raised as high as 450mg of Moclobemide a day (three tablets).

The diazepam did very little for my anxiety and my GP was reluctant to up the dose due to the addictiveness. Plus at 17 everything seems to be abit limited even though alot of the stuff I have taken says not for under 18's.

The CBT i'm unsure of, it took me 4 months and two referals to meet a therapist now two sessions later he's referring me to a CBT administrator but my GP's guess is a good few months wait. With no meds and no therapy don't like the idea of going it on my own for months. They still havn't ruled out the possibility of type II bipolar disorder however in the past year I can only recall a 2 week period that could be described as a Hyponmanic episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.