Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aquariamethystea

First, a counselor would not be offering advice/diagnosis/treatment over a forum like this. They would need to actually meet with them and talk to them in person. I highly doubt a counselor would come on here continually stating they are a counselor.

Second counselors need to have healed from their own problems otherwise they can end up harming clients and it does happen.

Third a counselor would know the value of good counseling and recognize when they need it themselves.

Finally coming onto a site to attack in this manner cries personality disorder in my opinion.

I absolutely agree with you, BlackPegasus.

A

Aquariamethystea

FoundandLost1 - yes, then you do understand, as you have unfortunately had a first-degree experience with suicide trauma. and thank you for the constructive comments, as i do read them and take them to mind. it's good to hear that there are a few of you who actually sympathize/empathize with this reality many are facing. at least the few can see this is a difficult grieving stage and support my parents get through the rest of this life. and that i will heal, with or without help from here.

BlackPegasus - you said "i'm not falling for it" -you're not? you can tell me i'm not a "counsellor" until you're blueintheface, but you're really not proving a valuable point. and your pathetic attempt to attack my profession really reveals your maturity level (0). have you been diagnosed with a "personality disorder", is that where you got the lingo?

It is sickening that your method of trying to cope over the loss of your brother's suicidal death, is to come here and attack us, yet you claim to be a counselor.

Spearmint

i understand true suicidal feelings,

i do not understand "superficial" suicidal feelings.

i find no help here.

only whining,
fake,
woe is me,
my life sucks,
nobody likes me,
me, me, me feelings.
Hmm..I'd have to agree with you on most points..But, people deserve to rant once in a while, to whine, to let everything unload from themselves. People should be allowed to have some self pity, to feel like no one likes them. To have feelings about themselves. And, how could you say you find no help here...have you tried to get any?

and to be perfectly honest, yes, i do feel like making suicidal people pay for ruining my life. i do feel like attacking someone who wants to choose to die when there is no meaningful reason to. i would not be here if my frickin brother wasn't so focused on his own sh*t, choosing death. we tried to help him all the time.
I don't know why you feel like making suicidal people pay, we didn't ruin your life, apparently your brother did. You shouldn't feel like attacking people who haven't done anything to you, other than be a member on a forum. I'm sorry your brother chose to kill himself, but perhaps he felt it was the only way out.

i had spent so much time trying to help him and love him and get into his head so i could see what he saw. and i feel ALL his darkness NOW. i have a masters degree in counselling psychology, and i help homeless on a daily basis. what else do you expect from me? helping suicidals and trying to gently talk them out of choosing death is clearly pointless, from personal experience.
I'm glad you spent time trying to help him, I'm glad you cared about him enough to do that. However, his suicide wasn't your fault, it was his own decision. I think that for someone who has a masters degree in counseling psychology should have a little more respect, and tact for people whom you're apparently trying to help. You know that old saying..."You'll attract more bees with honey than with vinegar." Those are some words to live by.

you all just need to wake up. most of the whining is fake. it's people like you who make me want to die. yes, i am fully jaded. YOU THINK I DON'T THINK ABOUT SUICIDE? at least i have a good reason.

p.s. i expect nothing from you here.
I am awake, I can see for myself what's real and what isn't, not everyone on this site is fake, and not everyone is a liar. I'm sorry that we make you want to die, as ridiculous as that statement is, you don't know us, you shouldn't let us effect you. I empathize with the suicidal thoughts, but who are you to say who has a good reason and who doesn't? To you, something may be nothing, but to others, it might be the world.

A

Aquariamethystea

I apologize for my writing so many posts in this thread, especially four in a row, though I've never been made as upset by a thread as I have by this one. The OP does not show any compassion for people who are suicidal. I don't understand why anyone should think that her attacks are acceptable, just because she is being blunt. It is just as bad as if someone came here and started cursing at us about our feelings. We wouldn't congratulate them simply because they had the courage to tell us off. Also, it is not honorable for the OP to have come here to tell us that if we really are suicidal, that we should just kill ourselves. That is borderline encouragement, which I think should be taken very seriously by the staff here on SF. I agree with Abacus21's statements in his post. Resolutionary, you have the right to be here to seek support for your loss, though you have no right to attack us, as you have been doing.

Last edited:

White Dove

you just....don't ....get it.

are the suicide survivors not allowed to speak on this forum???

step outside yourself, for just one moment.

movies romanticize suicide. this is reality.

You get to live day-in and day-out in this dream-world of how great it would be for you if you died...ahh yes, beautiful oblivion, constantly plotting out how you will carry out your delicious exit. just wake up!!!

i'd trade you nightmares in a second.

i want people to wake...up....it's a different approach from the constant "awww, don't kill yourself...awww" ...

get over yourself!!! stop focusing on your own horrendous pain.

can't you have a fragment of understanding for the survivors??? if you decide to fulfill your life-long dream of escape, we get to pay for it - with our minds, hearts, bodies, and souls, forEVER. i KNOW you don't want to hear all this, but try to read along...

if people choose to die, it is their choice entirely, not ours.

my sense is that we need to give suicidal people on here more credit for their strengths and resiliency - as they clearly have gone quite a while, through various stuggles, and possibly abuse, and NOT ended their lives. we need to stop treating people like sensitive withered little flowers because this is not the case. i think they can handle a little slice of REALITY from people who HAVE experienced a REAL SUICIDE in their family.

why do WE get shunned for expressing our deep grief and darkness, but you suicide-criers get to say whatever the frick you want!?
hey, i am suicidal at times and still tend to want to many times..

i do know what it is like to live through a suicide as i have several of my family members took their own lives and a best friend also, two shot themselves in the head 1 year apart from each other, both were my cousins, and i will not go into detail about how my friend did it, but i have to say to be harsh to those hurting is not the best thing to do..

When my cousin told me he was going to kill himself i stepped up to him.. i talked harsh to him.. i told him just how much it would hurt me, but he took my harshness wrong because he was hurting and he went home, 2 days later his wife came home and he had written a note saying in it just how much my words hurt him and why he had enough with life and do it. he had shot himself in the head.. to this day i feel somerwhat guilty because i spoke to him that way..

please dont come on here and say you have to be harsh because in doing soi you can push someone who is really on the deep end into actually doing it.. i did attempt my life because a minister and his wife wanted to be harsh with me, they ignored all my signs, inclusding a letter i had written telling them the date i would attempt it, but they were harsh and i took it that they were mad at me and did not care one way or the other and attempted my life..

being harsh is the wrong thing to do..

White Dove

i understand true suicidal feelings,

i do not understand "superficial" suicidal feelings.

i find no help here.

only whining,
fake,
woe is me,
my life sucks,
nobody likes me,
me, me, me feelings.

and to be perfectly honest, yes, i do feel like making suicidal people pay for ruining my life. i do feel like attacking someone who wants to choose to die when there is no meaningful reason to. i would not be here if my frickin brother wasn't so focused on his own sh*t, choosing death. we tried to help him all the time. i had spent so much time trying to help him and love him and get into his head so i could see what he saw. and i feel ALL his darkness NOW. i have a masters degree in counselling psychology, and i help homeless on a daily basis. what else do you expect from me? helping suicidals and trying to gently talk them out of choosing death is clearly pointless, from personal experience. you all just need to wake up. most of the whining is fake. it's people like you who make me want to die. yes, i am fully jaded. YOU THINK I DON'T THINK ABOUT SUICIDE? at least i have a good reason.

p.s. i expect nothing from you here.
that is not right to judge and call one fake or whinning..

You do not sound like any counsel to me and if you were one i would diffently not go to you and i would feel sorry for those that would because you might just send them over the edge.

I am sorry you lost your brother to suicide.. i lost several i loved to suicide..

but please dont try to say or judge others thinking they are all fake thats always been a big trigger to me is calling me a fake, not real pain, just wanting attention, etc..

i have a REAL PAIN, REAL PAIN OF HURTING FROM BOTH A SUICIDAL AND CANCER,

I suggest you go to a suicidal survivors site and get to know those there that have lost their loved ones. suicide.org is a good one it has memorial pages also. If you can take the time to read why they did it then maybe you could understand their pain which is highly known that you dont..

White Dove

perfect example:

BlackPegasus, quote: "how dare you.." ?!

(let me rephrase...)

{EDIT}-from your other posts, it sounds to me that you are used to being attacked, abused, etc. i would encourage you to abstain from going back into that victim role. not everyone is out to make your life a living hell. you can escape abuse.

however, it is often more difficult to escape bereavement after a sudden violent death. (my brother's suicide ignited this rage).

last time i checked, therapists are human too. not impermeable to grief and its aftermath (surprise)

have you ever been through the anniversary of your close family member's suicide? is it ok for me to express anger like everyone else?

obviously not.

p.s. some people have PMd me to actually say they enjoy reading my posts because i am not afraid to be upfront and articulate the truth about suicide and its "little" side-effects. i try to paint the whole picture because we are in dire need. but yeah, i should tone it down a bit i suppose.
those that pmed you are probably those that came here from another site to just hurt me and they decided to join just for the fun of it.. they dont understand pain and appearently neither do you.. well suicidal pain that is real...

White Dove

I apologize for my writing so many posts in this thread, especially four in a row, though I've never been made as upset by a thread as I have by this one. The OP does not show any compassion for people who are suicidal. I don't understand why anyone should think that her attacks are acceptable, just because she is being blunt. It is just as bad as if someone came here and started cursing at us about our feelings. We wouldn't congratulate them simply because they had the courage to tell us off. Also, it is not honorable for the OP to have come here to tell us that if we really are suicidal, that we should just kill ourselves. That is borderline encouragement, which I think should be taken very seriously by the staff here on SF. I agree with Abacus21's statements in his post. Resolutionary, you have the right to be here to seek support for your loss, though you have no right to attack us, as you have been doing.

i total agree with you and i myself apologize for so many posts.

guess it put a trigger on me..

maybe this should be titled possiable trigger with the attacks on us who feel suicidal.

i am sorry for this one who has lost a family member.. i do know what it is like to lose someone cause i have lost several, but please dont attack us that feel bad, dont attack those that hurt or want to kill themselves, they have reasons they feel that way. if you really want to help then ask them what it is that bothers them, why they feel the way they do? and if you wanna let off some anger or steam go to the approiate foruj here and post, that way you can release some anger and even have a place to post it where no one can reply back..

only here trying to help.. :hug:

D

Dave_N

I have no idea why someone would come on this site and start attacking people who are suicidal? I guess some people are just mean.

GoldenPsych

People join this forum for support not to be made to feel guilty for the feelings that they feel. As others have said, if you are a counsellor then have some respect for peoples feelings. Do you think that so many people try to commit suicide and succeed as they are just being whiney? I am not a counsellor but I do study pscyhology in my final year. Now to me, you having a Masters should put you at a higher level but even I know that people feel feelings and have different coping strategies. Some can't cope at all. The support that people come for on this forum is as a coping strategy as people know that there are other people that feel the same as them.
I am sorry about the loss of your brother, but please use some of your intelligence before you start having a go and categorising everyone as the same!

LILICHIPIE

Actually, I quite like it, for a few reasons:

1. It's honest. Rage is a common and reasonable reaction to suicide. Rage is also a common and reasonable cause of suicide. So let's have at it.

2. Sometimes, he makes me feel a little worse. And I sometimes go out of my way to make myself feel worse, by reading stories of people who've killed themselves. So he's a plus.

Of course, an endorsement from me might not be of much value around here. But I'm a real SOB, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.
OH YEAH NED LOL
Coming from someone who nearly INSULTED a mom who was just speaking her mind out - in a constructive way and not a mean way-just few days ago -do u remember the thread The Reality by Mom of lost Child-makes me SO MUCH LAUGH AND BAFFLE

Its called taking advantage of situation and conflicts just to feel that you exist
I knew you would have the exact oppositite opinion lol
MUHAHAHAHA for this
Good one
:wink:

LILICHIPIE

I do like your bluntness! The reason is because suicide is a serious issue and we all know it is wrong. There are huge consequences for our actions. We are all a product of our own decisions. To commit suicide is very dangerous. However, I am too self absorbed to give a f_ck! Truth is...it is only YOU who can really help yourself. Whether suicide is the answer...just know other people are involved. I have been thinking about suicide for awhile now, think about hanging myself out in the woods. However, what is my family going to do? How will they cope? I could not imagine losing a brother or family member to suicide. Perhaps people need to think outside of themselves for a bit. See where that leads.

What do people think about brain washing? I mean...how many disorders are out there? Bi-polar(bear), depression, anxiety, alcoholism, rage a holic (read it somewhere). Where do they come up with this stuff? How do they know it's true (doctors)? Please do not say science.
what do u mean by bipolar bear lol

LILICHIPIE

and to be perfectly honest, yes, i do feel like making suicidal people pay for ruining my life. i do feel like attacking someone who wants to choose to die when there is no meaningful reason to. QUOTE]

I wish you gave me the name of your employer because thats very sick to think that you are daily in contact with people and thinking like this lol
Its just so pathetic; immature and worthless

The next Charles Manson is beyond us :laugh:

BlackPegasus

I wish you gave me the name of your employer because thats very sick to think that you are daily in contact with people and thinking like this lol
Its just so pathetic; immature and worthless

The next Charles Manson is beyond us :laugh:
Well someone else picked up on it. I'm glad! Very sociopathic thread huh? lol

A

Aquariamethystea

Ah, I'm so glad Lilichipie posted in this thread. Her perspective is right-on and I completely agree with what she has written in the thread.

Anyways, I want to write about my perspective regarding the issue of how suicide affects the family... hmm... umm... Instead, it would be better for me to explain about what the basis of suicide really is, which is death. In life, everybody dies at some point. Alot of people have funerals. Anyone who has been to a funeral, knows that typically, funerals are very sad. People at funerals grieve alot, mourning over death. Not necessarily because of the way the person died, though mostly by the fact that they will never get to interact with the dead person again in this stage of existence. Anyone who is more concerned about the way that the person died, rather than the fact that the person is dead, is very uncaring. However, in the same regard, people have to accept that death is going to happen regardless of the pain it causes to those left behind in this world. The matter of death is insignificant compared to anything else. All that we can do for people, is to support each other in life here in this world, while hoping that people will want to live in this world until they naturally die. Though, if a person does choose to hasten their death, we should not criticise them for that decision. Instead, we ought to show the same amount of quality love for them in death as we did for them in life here in this world.

Last edited:
Well well.....

To those of you who responded and were triggered by this thread:

pretty fierce.

the profound insights were amusing, but that's not my point.

My Point is: people who really want to die do not have this much 'fight' in them!

congrats.

some of you went as far as to abandon the redundant "you're no counsellor" to "you are encouraging us to die!" and (my favorite): "i want to call your employer, you sociopath!" by 'lichipie' was it? nice. it says a lot in your defense about how much life you have in you. (and how UNsuicidal you really are). let us not be fooled by another sob story from any one of you who were triggered by this!

thank you for identifying yourselves :biggrin:

mission accomplished.

To the rest of you (you know who you are): who were not triggered but provided helpful engagement in your responses, thank you. and i pray you completely heal from the sudden, violent suicides that have torn you and your families apart. i also pray the rest will see the reality of their death plotting.

Kay.
Screw the whole, being nice to this person thing.
I'm mad now. >>;
Someone can have a lot of passion for something, and defend how they feel and stuff, but they do have their moments of down where they want to die and stuff. Sometimes, you might not even know that a person is suicidal, but that doesn't mean they don't have the moments where they are. Being suicidal does not mean that you can't have an occasional good day or that you can't defend something you believe in. You don't know what the people here are like. Everyone's different. It's like you're using your brother as an excuse. You're all..: Whine. My brother is dead. Boo hoo. What about maybe thinking about how he was when he was alive, instead of being mad that he killed himself? Sorry bitch, but you're fucked up, stop taking it out on other people. And if I get put under moderation for this. Hell, it was fucking worth it. =)

BlackPegasus

I don't believe a word this poster types which is why I used the ignore feature. Why do we even bother to respond? We can just ingore this thread and continue posting elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
You know resolutionary you're right. I just came off a week long pill and booze binge (induced by the failed efforts of my previous attempt). And I was actually feeling a little, very little more calm and dare I say happy about myself (the first time in a long time). But yeah why should I fight against my suicidal thoughts and feelings. What a waste of energy. I'm suicidal and that's that. Or atleast that's how I see your point of view. So many of us have wasted our time trying to help you see our point of view. This thread should of been closed about 58 posts ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aquariamethystea

Kay.
Screw the whole, being nice to this person thing.
I'm mad now. >>;
Someone can have a lot of passion for something, and defend how they feel and stuff, but they do have their moments of down where they want to die and stuff. Sometimes, you might not even know that a person is suicidal, but that doesn't mean they don't have the moments where they are. Being suicidal does not mean that you can't have an occasional good day or that you can't defend something you believe in. You don't know what the people here are like. Everyone's different. It's like you're using your brother as an excuse. You're all..: Whine. My brother is dead. Boo hoo. What about maybe thinking about how he was when he was alive, instead of being mad that he killed himself? Sorry bitch, but you're fucked up, stop taking it out on other people. And if I get put under moderation for this. Hell, it was fucking worth it. =)

I totally agree with Corieh. :hug:

Anyways, I'm a bit annoyed by people telling those who are suicidal, that they should keep on "fighting". When did living ever become so bad and so difficult, that people would resort to calling it, "fighting"? Personally, I think that if someone has to "fight" in order to "live" or "survive", they really ought to question the nature of their existence. I'm trying so much not to go into my "pro-choice" viewpoint, knowing that if my perspective in this thread is going to be considered by people, I need to be as unbiased as possible. However, it is very difficult to do when responding to a person who shows such stupidity in their hateful attacks against suicidal people on SF. It is that "extreme" level of "pro-life" opinion which causes my "pro-choice" viewpoint to want to be heard even more.

Resolutionary, you went even more out of line, by attacking Lilichipie's feelings. That in itself, makes it seem even less likely that you are a counselor, since counselors are suppose to counsel and support their clients, not attack them. If you indeed are a counselor, then I pray to God that no person has the tragic misfortune of ever stepping into your office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00