Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by girlblue, Jun 22, 2010.

1. girlblue

girlblue Active Member

I think I need to say sorry to a lot of people. I have been "threatening" to harm myself for the past week. I don't think I ever had any intention of actually doing it, but now I must suffer the consequences. I think I was seeking attention rather than being in crisis really. I am not negating people who have true suicidal ideation. Just saying that mine was purely a reflex versus a true desire. How stupid can you get about something so serious?

But I think I have done some real harm to myself. People near my job have found out and now I must suffer the consequences. I apologize to everyone here on the site and to the people with real "suicide" feelings. I need counseling for my need for attention.

Just call me idiot.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I doubt anyone is going to call you an idiot hun.
    When we're feeling low, we do things without thinking of the consequences, you mustn't blame yourself, I'm sure many of us here have all been there. Regardless, it's definitely better to be reaching out than bottling it up.
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

You are NOT an idiot. You are honest, forthright and courageous! I for one admire your strength to come forward as you have, in fact I am requesting to be friends as frankly I could use more people like you in my life...hope you accept and if you ever need someone feel free to come find me as I would be more than happy to be a friend to you.
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Idiot is not a word that comes to mind. Strong and courageous stand out though. It takes a lot of strength to face a situation as you have. And even more to take the first step in finding help for a problem. :arms: I hope this is the first step in many to finding a path that takes you even further ahead.
  5. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

Hun as these girls have said, you AREN"T an idiot :)