Soul fatigue

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by IV2010, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

"Soul fatigue" = one of my new favorite words. This seems like a good way to describe the inner violence that we as suicide survivors experience with respect to the drenching away of energy, personality, and persistence, and leaving us with an all around inability to function as we once did.

I got this off another forum and found it very appropriate as a suicide survivor .

2. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

''Suicide survivor''? That's like saying ''murder survivor'':laugh:

I don't believe in souls, but yeah I guess you could apply the word to energy, personality and things like that. I'm guessing my soul is moderately fatigued.

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

With all you have been through and all you are still facing hun you have every right to be experiencing any type of fatigue that is out there. I know how you feel. And it sucks because it just adds to all the negative stuff surrounding us. So why dont you take a break and let us look out for you now. You need a break. Even one evening devoted to just you. A nice hot bath with scented candles glowing around you. A wonderful bottle of wine and tons of bubbles in the bath. And allow yourself to just sit even if it's only til the water starts to cool off. Then follow that up with a nice comfy pair of pjs and an extra cozy throw and off to bed with a good book. Hun you need to look after yourself to be able to break the hold of the fatigue. I've got a good strong shoulder if you need one :arms:

4. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I can relate to this. I feel like there's not much of me left.

5. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

I think the term 'suicide survivor' is absolutely justified.

I think of it also as a 'peace in not having to care'

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

god you guys are so insensitive. what's wrong with the term suicide survivor. it's hardly a joke. every suicide leaves someone who cares behind.... family, friends, loved ones. iv, sending you a big hug. i'm sorry you are feeling so low tonight. hope you can get some pampering in. you deserve it. thinking of you.

7. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Well I'm sorry for causing offence through my failed use of humour. I only misunderstood the term, I even am one myself ironically.

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

dazzle is right..the term "suicide survivor" is not a joke..
    It is the right term for anyone who has lost a loved one to suicide..

sorry I wrote this thread ..
    I should have known better

9. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Please don't be sorry for starting the thread! There are lots of people on here who will appreciate you for identifying a way to describe such unbearable feelings. X

10. Androgyny

Androgyny Well-Known Member

Absolutely agreed. I have used that term myself in reference to the same feelings. Nice to know someone else sees it and even defined it in the same way!

11. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

Thank you honey for sharing the term, I feel it fits to the situation pretty well.

:hug:

P.S glad you are a suicide survivor.

12. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

IV you have said it so right soul fatigue god yes inner self just seems to have nothing left but continues somehow to go i am glad you posted i know so many can relate to this feeling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.