Speed

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hurted, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

For the last 2 months i've been thinking about speed daily.
    I took it for the first time in September, the second and the last time was in December.
    I really want to take it again, but i'm a little afraid.
    The only drugs i do on regular basis are nicotine and alcohol.

How dangerous speed really is if you take it once every few months?

I know that i won't get addicted, so that is not the problem.

Thanks. :)

2. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

This may seem like a weird question but how often do you smoke? If you are a smoker, then chances of getting addicted to a drug go up.

*edit

By smoker, I mean like a pack a week? a day? You could be like me. In which I smoke like 1-2 cigarettes a week if that. Also what are your other drug habits like?

3. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i use to take whizz a lot... its not dangerous as such, but it can mess with your mind. also i hear it weakens bones, and like cocaine, can rot your nostrils if you hammer it. its a "dirty" drug too. when i found out what can go into it i quit. my dad still takes it occasionaly...

oh and i get through about half ounce of baccy a week, and an eighth of weed a month... but thats just to knock me out.

4. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I smoke a pack and a half daily. I drink once per week. (Althought the last time i drunk was 1 month ago.)

I know that it's very easy to get addicted, after all i was smoking pot on almost daily basis (I quit a year ago).
    I have decided to use speed only once per month.

I have enough expiriences from past to not get addicted. I know that many says this, but i'm sure i won't get addicted.

5. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

i used 2 take wraps quite alot when i was about 17 .. i lost so much weight .. coz i hardly ever slept and used 2 walk miles and miles throught the day and night..

u should be really careful and avoid taking it if u can.. its seriously addictive.. and even if u think ur in control u might have already lost it.. u will only know when its 2 l8..

i hope u reconsider taking it again :hug:

6. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

Yet you used to be addicted to weed, and you smoke a pack and half daily? I am not going to lecture you since I used drugs. I am just saying be careful.

7. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

you say you wont get addicted ? hmmmm
    ok. the simple fact that you are dilberating on how often you can take it tells me that you will have a problem. why start at all ?
    i did speed, hash, meth, cocaine and weed. but i wasnt addicted to any of it.
    course, thats a bunch of bull too. i did get addicted to it. if you feel the need to test out your will power go for it. :mortdesinos:
    i have been clean for 17 years and sober for 13.5 years.

the more you use it the more you crave it.

8. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

I don’t think smoking directly is related. But there was research which suggested people with more D2 are more prone to getting addicted (to pretty much anything) So if you have troubles not doing other substances, chances are this pattern will persist if you being using 'speed'.
    Just a fun fact.

Anyways, speed is dangerous.
    The difference between ‘speed’ and ‘ecstasy’ is a pretty slim line because (here at least) ecstasy is mostly meth anyways.
    Speed means pretty much any amphetamine jammed into one really unhealthy pill. Speed can range from anything from your friends dexies, to meth
    So, it’s unsafe for many reasons. Firstly, drugs are always unsafe.
    Secondly, you have no idea what is in the pill
    Thirdly, every time you take the drug you are taking a different mixture of different drugs.

In addition, speed (which will (almost) always consist of meth) with stimulate dopamine (which helps regulate happiness)
    Meth sneaks into your system and releases an overload of dopamine and your body will not be able to handle this overload and much dopamine will be lost. Problem with this is that dopamine is typically recycled in the body. This, in turn, will make you more unhappy overtime. Many studies suggest the long term effects of meth never fully evaporate, and after two years of mostly being off of it, I can say I don’t argue with that.

So be careful and consider the long term before you do anything silly.

Be safe and behave
    Feel free to P.M me if you have any questions

9. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the post. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.