Sperm and Egg Donors

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by melimorgue, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melimorgue

melimorgue Member

What am I supposed to do about my parents? I'm currently fighting a long workman's comp and discrimination battle with my former employer and could get a settlement. They suddenly want to talk to me and are pretending to give a damn. They treated me like shit over the holidays and every other day. I want to cut them off but, I feel guilty. They refuse to acknowledge any wrong doing because the never actually layed a hand on me. Neglect and emotional abuse is very damaging. I don't want to be an asshole but, they always want to dip in and try and take credit for raising me. I'm the middle of 3 children. Did they help me with anything? NO. They bought my brother a house, put my sister through college, and take care of my brothers kids. What did I get after 4 years in the army and 6 years of bad marriage? A fucking ipod. Yeah, because ipods make everything ok and have the power to erase 30 years of abuse. I want to cut all ties before I get any kind of settlement. I'm by no means a greedy person but, I want them to suffer like they made me suffer all these years.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi melimorgue. You need to release all of that built up anger and frustration that you have for your parents. It's not healthy to hold it all in.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I take it you are over eighteen?? When you get your settlement just don't say anything and maybe even move to a different state..I left my parents and family for six years... No one had a clue where I was..If it wasn't for my daughter coming along I would still be awol..I broke down and called my mom to tell her she was going to be a grandma..Whats yours is yours.. Don't let them strong arm you into giving them any money..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.