spilt

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Mightbehere, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Ok here are some issues I am having;

The first would be a case of where I helped my friend to pay his rent and 'get his shit' together.

I was glad to do that because he is my friend and I don't like seeing others suffer and it really helped him out but the other half of me regrets it, I should of let him figure something out himself and no-one ever helped me when I needed it so he should sink or swim.

The helpful one is the 'true' me but the second is the negative depressions and experiences that I have had. It makes it hard to wish people well, not that I want people to suffer if anything my personality is the opposite of that. Its more that I feel I shouldn't help people so much and just let them figure it out..since that's what I had to do.

Also I find I get angry at these silly little teenagers and other people that get heart broken, I never found my special someone so why should I feel sympathy for some silly cow who gets tricked into spreading her legs or stupid emo's and their silly love triangles.

And people bitching about how bad their ex's are; well why don't you screen your potential boyfriend or girlfriend a bit first, why should poor judgment get and sympathy from me. But then of course their is the 'normal' half of me that feels sorry for people and wonders what I should do to help..

I was always a kind and caring person but since this depression and anxiety and these horrible experiences have happened I find myself a bit split on certain issues.

I am really interested to hear peoples replies and suggestions.

2. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

"I was glad to do that because he is my friend and I don't like seeing others suffer and it really helped him out but the other half of me regrets it, I should of let him figure something out himself and no-one ever helped me when I needed it so he should sink or swim."

Your post is aptly titled, that's for sure. :) The second half of that quote is frankly illogical and down to past experience I'd say.

"Its more that I feel I shouldn't help people so much and just let them figure it out."

In personality types, would you say you are a "rescuer"?

"I get angry at these silly little teenagers and other people that get heart broken, I never found my special someone so why should I feel sympathy for some silly cow who gets tricked into spreading her legs or stupid emo's and their silly love triangles."

The ability to feel empathy toward other people's pain can be directly tied to one's own past expereience, which is what you appear to be describing.

"I was always a kind and caring person but since this depression and anxiety and these horrible experiences have happened I find myself a bit split on certain issues."

"Split"? Or simply unempathetic towards other people's plight? Sorry to admit but I can oftentimes relate.

Though oftentimes the very opposite, it's also a fact of the human condition that the more beatings one takes in one's own life the more hardened he may become to other's hardships.

ToHelp

3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I dont really have any advice right now but just dropping by to give you a :hug: And tell you i'm only a PM away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.