split down the middle

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by vbuk, Aug 31, 2007.

1. vbuk

vbuk Staff Alumni

as most people here know - im bi-sexual. have been since i was a kid i guess. i came out to my best friend when i was at college - when i was 16/17. he told me he wanted to tell me something - and he told me he was bi. to which i replied 'me too' this was the 1st time id even admitted it to myself - just figured that that put everything in place. it was so good that he was there and we kinda did it together. i then told my mum who said 'well how do you know?' doh!

since then ive kinda been all over. one min im gay, the next straight! im still the same.

this week my sister has been home. now its no secret - my parents want grandkids. im 22 and she is 28 - she is almost at the top of where she wants to be and has been talking about moving closer to home. i know he is joking but my dad keeps going on and on about kids. keeps saying that he would love to be a grandad. my sister hates kids (great for a teacher) she would make an excellent mum but she doesnt want kids - and is single! so not gonna happen. id love to have kids - but what if im with a girl? im scared they will resent me for not giving them kids so to speak. do i sacrifice the way i want to live my life just so i can have kids. i know i can still have kids - but its different. i just want to make my parents happy and proud of me. but im scared.

another thing i have this thing where my hormones are a bit messed up - i have too many male hormones. ive been told in the past that when i lose weight and hopefully get over this then i could stop being attracted to females. i really hope not but im scared it will happen.

i know im depressed but atm im pretty happy with things - i got people that care about me and im starting to see that. i hope anyway.

anyway - ill shut up moaning.

clare xxx
  2. Hey hun,
    I know that you want to make your parents happy and proud of you, but you can't sacrifice who you are for them. I've learned that you can't please everyone, and I know it's difficult if you can't make you parents proud, but if it turns out that they aren't happy with your decisions, it's your life sweetie, live for yourself. I'm one of those people who tries to make others happy but lately, my mom and step dad haven't been too proud of everything I've done, but I've learned to accept that I won't ever be enough for them. I can't be their 'perfect' child. We just have to learn to accept, you can't change who you are for others. You are an amazing person, and for your parents not to accept you the way you are is their loss Clare.

You have many people around here that care about you hun, and I'm here any time that you need to vent, cry, laugh, scream, whatever it may be. You know how to reach me if you EVER need anything. Take care and be safe. :hug:
  3. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Tell them you'll adopt :tongue: It shut certain people up with me :eek:hmy:
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

You can't please everyone. And if your parents truly care and understand then they will accept your decisions and who you are. You only live once, and i'm sure most people want to live a life of as little regret as possible.
  5. danni

danni Chat Buddy

I know you want to make ur parents happy but you also got make ur self happy to hun, be who you are okay hun and u need anything call me on my cell :hug: