Spontaneous Unexplained Anxiety

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Niantiel, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Niantiel

Niantiel Active Member

I can handle and manage mostly anything else, but THIS drives me fucking nuts. I can get it to calm down but it usually helps to try to talk to someone just to have something else to think about and all of my friends are either offline or in bed since it's 12:36 AM where I'm at. I can't really focus enough on anything in particular and that's part of the problem because I normally have an extremely high focus level. I guess I'll try to burn some incense and eat something and put my mind off of the troubling things somehow. I guess I'm not sleeping tonight. If I had whiskey that'd be a nice way to calm myself down. I'll probably just eat some food and drink some soda or coffee. I hate when this happens to me. It's really annoying and I don't even know what really causes it other than wandering thoughts that wander off into areas that I wished they wouldn't.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I get you. I really do because I suffer from anxiety a lot too, whiskey in not the solution (even though you don't have any lol) avoid coffee/caffeine, turn off the main lights and put a lamp on, lie down in bed and put a full body scan meditation tape on youtube and really try your best to focus on it. I hope your anxiety eases soon, you're not alone. SF is on your side :)

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sorry to hear you are dealing with sudden and unexplained anxiety. There is usually a trigger, but sometimes it just happens, and I know it can really suck. It sounds like you have some good ways to distract yourself though. I hope that will be helpful to you, but if you still feel anxious, maybe staying up and talking here will help.

4. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I suffer from that too. I could be absolutely fine then out of nowhere, I get high anxiety or panic attacks. It happens at the oddest times and what helps me the most is going for a walk, breathing techniques and distraction. Nothing stops it fast enough for me, so I have to ride it out. I can't stand it. I'm sorry you go through that.