Spotting-Ladies Only

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Theowin, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theowin

Theowin Active Member

So I've been spotting for awhile instead of having a period. I know I can't possibly be pregnant but I don't know why it's happening. Has anyone ever experienced something like this? What does it mean?
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Have you gone to the doctor for a complete physical lately? There are many reasons why this happens (e.g., hormonal imbalance, stress, weight change, pregnancy, peri-menopausal symptom...etc.) and only a doctor can diagnose and treat it if it even needs treatment. In your shoes, I'd set up an appointment with the doc.

I hope you're doing all right otherwise. :hug:
  4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Are you eating? On any oral or injected contraceptives? Other medication that might cause skipped periods? When was the last time you had intercourse? All good questions to ask and research, but I'd suggest you see a medical professional and be completely honest about your habits and other experiences including mood changes, appetite, stress, other factors Acy mentioned as well since the missed periods began.

In the meantime, a useful app that helps me keep track of my periods, symptoms, moods, flow, and history, is the P Tracker. Maybe you could check that out, it's more handy than a mark on the calendar.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

There's lots of things that could cause spotting, I guess you won't really know for sure unless you see a doctor. I had 2 periods within 2 weeks of each other last month, and I had convinced myself it was something really serious, but looking up symptoms online can only exacerbate the worry. So it's definitely best to get evaluated by a professional.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.