1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring is Here

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Twocky61, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Spring is here and our native birds aes finding food scarce

Please go to the pet shop and buy a bag of nuts for our feathered friends

There is no finer sight on a spring morning than a pair of tits around your nut bag

But remember it is a bit early in the year for a swallow

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
  2. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Yes, i always know spring has arrived when the ducks and canadian geese arrive back on the campus where i work. They were a bit early this year and had to deal with a week of their pond still being frozen. Wonder if they will adjust the timing next year.

We also have a family of peregrine falcons who keep their summer nest on the top of one of our tall buildings. They usually produce two or three babies per summer. Beautiful birds. I love watching them ride the thermals along the ridge on the far west side of campus. Fun fact, when in a dive, peregrine falcons are the fastest animal on the planet, capable of reaching in excess of 300km/h (200mp/h). They aren't the fastest doing regular level flight though. Just the dive speed is the one that breaks all the records. Speaking of swallows, I think those are amongst the list of the fastest level flight speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.