SSRIs?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by shefallsasleep, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shefallsasleep

shefallsasleep Well-Known Member

Anyone else on a form of SSRI's such as citalopram?
    Just wondering if they did anything for anyone, I am taking the first step to trying to make myself feel remotley human againand have been prescribed these.
    x

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi,

I am on citalopram , currently on 40mg after dropping down from 60.
    They didn't do anything for anxiety, not so sure about depression though because I was in therapy too, but my depression is gone ( fingers crossed). I don't really know if the meds did anything for that :unsure:

Anyway, good luck and remember they can take 2 months to work fully so you need to be patient :hug:

3. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Meds don't work the same on all people but give it some time before you try other drugs.
    What do you mean you hope they help you feel human again, do you feel as if you're in a film and nothing is real?
    I'm on another med, which has helped me cope with depression and anxiety but hasn't done anything against the feeling of being in a film.

If this is what you are feeling, you might want to watch the film "Numb". It's about a guy who sufferes from this problem.

4. shefallsasleep

shefallsasleep Well-Known Member

By being human again I just mean being happy, being able to sleep, eat, get out of bed, be bothered to do anything!
    I'd really just like to wake up one morning and look forward to the day ahead, and a day where I don't cry I guess, Im ot expecting miracles but hopefully they will start to make me feel better and give me the motivation to get out of this rut im in! thanks for your help xx

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I also know that sometimes meds need to be tweaked. That is to say dosage amounts etc. Sometimes a person will need an entirely different med. The brain is a complicated deal and as such it may be a hit or miss until you and the Doc find the right combo.

But I am a form believer in better living thru chemicals. And I aint talking about the illegal kind or booze either. :wink:

6. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I'm on 50 mg Zoloft. I've had much more of it though... To be me, this dose is quite low.
    It works somewhat, but antidepressants won't cure you alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.