St. John's Wort

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by yada, Mar 2, 2007.

1. yada

yada Well-Known Member

Having been informed about this by someone on this site, I investigated and am taking St. John's Wort now. In my research, I have not found a clear indication of how long I should be taking this before I start to feel some positive effects, and hoping that some of you might be able to provide first-hand information. I am not on any other medication, btw.

-Yada yada yada.
  2. yada

yada Well-Known Member

And I also just heard about MSM and SAM-E from a doctor friend (not a psych, but she pointed to these as possible OTC remedies). Any first-hand info on these would be appreciated.
  3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I've never taken St John's Wort so can't say for sure but I've been told it can take a month or two to feel results. As for MSM, I know that it's a naturally occurring sulfur compound that's "critical for the formation of healthy connective tissue" - whatever that means. I give it to our dog to keep her from having seizures. I got that info from my book "NATURAL PET CURES". So far it's working.

4. I have tried St. Johns Wort, Kava Kava, L-theanine, etc . with no effect.

I'm beginning to think that I could take twenty hits of LSD and remain perfectly lucid !:mellow:
  5. nrvsreck

nrvsreck Well-Known Member

I took it regularly for over a month and never felt a thing. Your mileage may vary.
  6. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yeah... I'm sure it varies with everyone... could be days, weeks, months.. (I'd say probably a week or so in average) :hug:
  7. immure

immure Account Closed

st johns wort counter acts birth controle pill so be wary if u r not wishing to get knocked up
  8. Jawa

Jawa Guest

I dunno but I'm going to try it for a few months, I could let you know after a while if it's had any effect on me.

Personally I doubt it will work for myself, from what I've read it's only been effective on rather mild cases of depression.