Stabbing Myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MagicFerret, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicFerret

MagicFerret Active Member

I have tried overdosing nothing takes the pain away i am now cutting and having thoughts of Stabbing myself i am so scared to be on my own right now. i am scared i might act upon these feeleings!!

Has anyone got any ideas i live alone and feeel so scared why do i feel this way, why wont my meds work that the doctrors are giving me

2. HighsandLows

HighsandLows Active Member

How long have you been on your meds?

3. Enigmatic Ed

Enigmatic Ed Well-Known Member

feel free to pm if you need to talk just a fona call away.

4. MagicFerret

i have been on my meds for about 3 months now, they never seem to work. had them changed 3 weeks ago still no change. everytime i see a knife i think i can just end it righ now :(

i am on diazapam 20MG a day
    Mirtazapoine
    and now Propranolol as well , the doc says both those are anti depresents and the propranolol should help with my anxiety as i might have become used to diazapam :(
    oh i also take zopiclone 7.5mg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  5. HighsandLows

HighsandLows Active Member

You only had them changed 3 weeks ago hun. Give it time. They can take a few weeks to kick in properly.

*hugs*

6. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

First off put the knife away, this will take some time. Most of the time each urge has a peak of fifteen minutes, you have to get past these peaks.

I suggest you use the ice method to calm theses feelings down.

7. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

If you do not know this method, press a piece of ice against the skin till it is uncomfortable.

8. MagicFerret

thanks fro the advice guys, i have to admit i just cut my leg but i put the knife away managed to stop myself stabbing my self, i will try teh ice thing that migt help

9. BrokenSpirit

BrokenSpirit Active Member

Go to a public place, a store, a mall, a fast food joint and stay there until you calm yourself down. You don't want to cut, I was a cutter and an over doser. Technically I succeeded but they restarted my heart and was 6 weeks in ICU. Cutting leaves scars that you will carry for the rest of your life, people stare at you when they see them, they ask questions and self inflicted scars are not something you want the whole world seeing.

10. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Please calm down and don't harm yourself with your knife. Knives are meant for cutting food, not cutting skin. Try a less harmful coping strategy. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.