Stalked Victim

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by omanko, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omanko

omanko New Member

I don't really know why I feel compelled to write this knowing there is nothing that anybody can do to help me.

I have been stalked online for the past year. I don't know where to begin so I'll start at the beginning.

I met this person through a friend. He seemed nice, nothing peculiar about him really. We studied together, and took the same class next semester. He was never hostile or rude in person. He appeared genuinely nice. Everything sort of went downhill the moment he found my blog. I had just a random blog online where I would talk to friends in, like a social networking site. Anyways, this person began to mock the contents of my blog and began harassing me online. He did so through his own blog which he gave me access to and knew I would see. The weirdest thing was that he was really nice in person but would go on and write all the most disgusting things on about me in his blog. He did it in a very subtle way though. He would change the name and made it ambiguous enough that when I confronted him he would just say: "I have no idea what it is you are talking about!" During one of our labs he even tried to get me to fail the course by telling the TA I never did any work, just him. Not only did I over hear him but the TA asked me about it. When I confronted him yet again, he straight up denied it. This is when I realized something was wrong. He was on some vendetta to ruin me even though I never did anything to him. He was not only posting these ridiculous things on his blog but spreading lies to faculty about by academics. I began visiting his blog frequently to see what other rumors he may have spread about me. I confronted him multiple times thinking he would admit it, out of some internal code of ethics and moral. He didn't. In addition he had used his blog address to somehow track my computer's IP address and somehow track me. Classes had already ended and I was graduating. I moved out of my college town and had no physical contact with him. That is when I notice he began to post content from personal information, meaning e-mails, private photos on facebook, and personal conversations. He did it in the same subtle way as to raise suspicion but not enough for me to press charges. I tried to beg him to stop but all he ever did was deny everything. The way in which he stalked me made me sound paranoid. I sometimes even thought I really was going insane because of the way in which he so believably reassured me he was innocent. I researched stalking behavior and found this to be common. Stalkers try to emotionally debilitate their victims and make them question their sanity so no form of authority will believe them. With no proof all I had was suspicions.

I did have two break throughs that saved my sanity. One where he tampered an e-mail I received and the second were tracked IP address on a second blog the moment I created it.

I still don't feel comfortable enough going to the police even though I have concrete evidence that my computer has in fact been tampered with. Needless to say, I have been considering suicide as the only means to get rid of him.

This has affected my life to a point in which I can not express. I have no will to even get justice. I really couldn't care less if he never sees a day of misery for what he did to me. I just want it to stop and all I can think about is the liberation death promises me.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I am so sorry you're having to deal with that sort of thing. Please don't let this person continue to cause you trouble and heartache. You don't deserve that.

Even if you don't want to go to the police, at this point, they are perhaps the ones who can do something to stop him. Since you have asked him what is going on and to stop and he denies and lies, now that you have evidence, it might be time to hand that over to the experts.

Keep us posted on how you're doing. You are strong and courageous, and you don't need this in your life. :hug:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh please hun please report him ok if he is harassing you he is doing it to others to he needs to be stopped. Only other thing you can do is to disconnect all your computer devices not go online period just shut down and if you are on face book then report him through their reporting devices block everything ok
    Also go to a computer place that know how to do these things to trace him and send him an official warning if he does not stop there will be c harges laid ok let them do that

4. arturvma

arturvma Active Member

I feel really sorry for you. I've never heard of such thing before.
    Do not give up!

5. arturvma

arturvma Active Member

Hi dear. How are things working out for you? :)

6. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Dear omanko,
    just read you enrty here and I must say, I'm sorry this happend to you. I really am.
    This thing happend to me, too, just under different circumstances, but if you want it to stop you have to report this.
    Many people would be sad if you would take your life and many people would never meet you.
    He will not stop, I can say that from my own experience, only if you involve school, college, parents or the police
    and the police is the best way.
    I hope things will get better for you, stay safe :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.