STALKING...is it a disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Darker Than Black, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darker Than Black

Darker Than Black Well-Known Member

I used to stalk a few girls I used to like..kind of

- there was one that I found her address, almost got her phone number, found out what sites she goes onto alot, found pictures of her on facebook...etc

- another one, I stalked her online, I read her blogs almost everyday, and then she found out, someone told me..so I stopped..I would intentionally skip the last few minutes of class to walk around just to see her sitting in her class

- another one, I found out what high school she was going to, got her phone #, got her MSN, found out who she liked, found her online at carious sites.

etc....

and its not just girls..I used to sneak up on my parent's conversations and listen to what they are trying to say. and evasdrop on everyone else at school, and take secret glances at the girls I like...more like stares..long stares at wherever they go..

DON'T CALL ME A PSYCHO...cuz I know I probably is.......

so is this a disorder or something, I want it to stop. It always starts with a girl, I like..like one that walk around the hallway at school..

and sometimes my mind just wonders off about stalking whom ever it may (female)..doing disturbing things..strangling..and others..etc..:(, I can't help it you know..this is so F*ed up..:eek:hmy:...I don't to be labeled as one of those ppl..

anyone have the same issues?

2. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

hmm, could be some sort of natural inquisitive nature. I would seek a professional opinion about this.

3. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Hell ya man, but I wouldnt call it a disorder morely just a symptom of loneliness and sensitivity or longing for affection.

I do it all the time, i'm just another book on her shelf though.

4. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

stalking is one issue... but if you are starting to think about strangling and stuff then yes you need to talk to somebody.....
    you say in other posts you suffer from unwanted and disturbing thoughts.. these could obsessive thought loops that occur cos of anxiety.
    are you on any meds and do you see a dr/ counsellor/ psychiatrist?
    intrusive scary thoughts can be symptoms of many things....
    if you are not already i really think you need to talk to someone about this. for your safety and others.. even if you would never act upon these thoughts they are upsetting you right?

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yeah. if it's unwanted stalking and it's interfering with your life and you want to know every single detail about that person's life and follow them across 2 MH forums, break into their blog on the first forum, bitch about that with your friend, harrass them with songs on your MS, then yeah, you've got problems. i've personally been on the receiving end of this and i've experienced it as psychological rape.

i 'stalked' someone i liked, but i liked him and he liked me, all i did was make sure he was okay from his MS messages during a certain period in 07 and check if he was logging in and alive. i wouldn't call this malicious as he was doing the same thing with me (we were both terrified of each other) but through 2 MH forums (i don't hate him for that but painting a picture of my life through his own ears, yes, and allowing his female friends to do wtf they liked with my life, yes).

and chris, if you're reading this your fucking 'joke' piece of unfunny satire was so off the mark.

my EX gf stalks a lot of people online (and this is intensive stalking behaviour that you describe not what i used to do which was just check someone's MS to make sure he was alive) and i think she has a lot of issues :dry:.

i generally find these people like to live vicariously, are socially isolated and need to learn something about personal boundaries. there's a difference between people watching and violating someone's personal space which i think you're doing.

are you lonely? do you place these girls on a pedestal so feel the need to dominate them through strangling etc in your head?

you need to talk to someone about this.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
  6. IDKwhatIwant

IDKwhatIwant Well-Known Member

aww, just curious :wink:

I stalk you too. :laugh:

i believe with autism, bipolar, and OCD, that boundaries, limitations, and restrictions, become void. which makes it hard to rationalize when enough is enough. you may want to look into those disorders, and that will probably help control how far is to far.

at least youre assertive enough to go to them, instead of waiting for them to come to you. very admirable trait. you just need to mellow it down some. lol

7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

eh i've been told i have 'no boundaries' at times and it isn't pleasant to feel attacked , but i wouldn't do what he's doing.

i mean right now i could go search out someone at a MH forum i left, but i have no desire to do so because that's his business.

depends how you view one's personal space i suppose. doubt anyone could say to me 'it's because i'm bipolar' that's why i've harrassed you and fucked up your life and i'd say, oh ok, it's because you're bipolar. i've been said to be 'bipolar' too but i wouldn't do what they've done...which is repeated, intrusive, and unwanted when i didn't know, and at my most vulnerable.

8. Hotwaffles

Hotwaffles Member

Yea...that seems like a problem man. You should seek professional help before things escalate into worse situations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.