start drinking the "solution"?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by christian_1990, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

u probably get this topic often but life seems i wouldnt say better....but as i drink this $3 wine everything is calm and i just dont give a cheap wine = some kind of solution?
  2. chlorox

chlorox New Member

i started drinking to sleep because i have delayed sleep phase syndrome and now i cant sleep at all without it. i'm quitting now because every day after i drink i get the worst panic attacks i've ever had. in short, it's made everything worse. it was great for 4 years but now i'm a 21 year old whose quitting drinking, it seems backwards to me.
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I've always found that drinking for myself and/or friends with depression and similar issues/disorders have found some solace short-term, whether wine or hard liquor.

But in the long-term it loses its effect and actually causes more problems than when you started. This goes for sleep and other problems.
  4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'd advise against it. From my personal experience, nothing good has ever come of me drinking. Got totally wasted once, and while it was fun at first I regretted it the next day.
  5. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Cant say I ever got much out of drinking - negative or positive. I used it as a relaxant, as you have suggested. I had some good nights fairly hammered, also had a couple of pretty embarrassing episodes, and a few truly awful hangovers. Pretty tame by all accounts. I think its ok to use booze as a chillax every so often...billions of people do. But $3 wine? At least buy something worth drinking :p, and if it becomes a problem, give it a miss for a while
  6. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

As they say, all things in moderation. But lets face it, most people binge drink without even realising. Sometimes it's the only thing you can do to relax or open up :unsure:
  7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I dunno, I'm asking myself the same question. It was my mother's solution and that didn't end pretty. So yeah, long term I don't think it's wise.
    Really it's just hiding from your problems, you'll be back to face more when you're sober, so you'll turn to drink again, and it all gets worse. Not a good idea.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'd be strongly against the idea that its a solution. Nothing positive has ever come from me drinking alcohol.
  9. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I'd rather smoke some weed but my wife won't let me so maybe I should start drinking.
  10. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Drinking isn't the solution, it's just the beginning of another hell.
    Do you smoke? It's bad to do that too but it's a much better option than drinking alcohol!
  11. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

i just deleted a long response because your story is so similar to mine.I am alot older..and have had the same sleep disorder for matter how early I get up every day..even if faithfully,I will fall asleep later and later every night.Exhaustion will not mean a body sleeps on this cycle mercy.And I drank too partially because of it.Now I just drink.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.