Started again. pos. Trig.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by wheresmysheep, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I've started cutting again. Not as sever as i use to, but i find myself doing it to help me go out. And if i dont the trip outside is awful and just torture. Its been a year or more since i last cut, and i am ashamed i have done this. And being without chat is really not helping.which i find a bit unsettling in itself. I hate this. I hate it!

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your having such a disapointing day!

It can hurt to fall back on old habits, but don't get down with the fear that you haven't made any progress...you have. One year of no cutting is an anniversary that shouldn't be dismissed because of one slip up.

Stay strong, and never be afraid of talking to people about your struggles.

James.

3. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

it's not uncommon to use cutting as a form of coping with certain things, and often can be hard to stop due to dependence
    but if you find something else that creates the same sort of relief or whatever, that you can use as an alternative form of coping then that would be great...
    what is it about the cutting that helps you go out?
    does it help you concentrate on something so you don't feel overwhelmed by social situations?
    is it that it helps you deal with problems and you do it before you go out so you don't have to think about these problems once with others?
    knowing this could help...

keep safe xx

4. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I do it to feel the pain. To get me to cop on and just suck it up. What kind of pathetic person cant go outside her fucking room. Me thats who. And its woefull thats what it is. Stupid and pathetic. Like whats there to be scared of? Nothing, i just have irrational thoughts of what will happen, and tho i know that they are irrational they still have a huge grip over me and haunt me and its pathetic

5. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

have you got a therapist of some sort that you can talk to about this?
    a lot of people go through things similar to this - paranoia and bad worrying. if you seek proffessional advice they can help you and life will get a lot better :)
    keep safe x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.