Started again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by SuicideSam, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

I started cutting again after 8 years "clean" I feel like a failure for breaking my promise to myself not to do it ever again. I have to admit it felt really good much as it shames me to say so.
  2. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

sam, i am sorry that you relapsed, but you can start trying to end it again if you want ... you already know you CAN...

what triggered the relapse?
  3. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

All that stuff with my ex coming to my house and everything, it was just too much pressure and I couldn't handle it. I can end it but I had help the first time and it was really hard. I need to get full control of myself again. The first time I quit I was alot more stable than I am now. Currently I'm struggling not to harm myself so bad I end up in hospital
  4. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

Just got quite a shock. Got home from work and was changing out of my work clothes when I noticed my wounds. There are 18 cuts. I dont even remember cutting that much, thought I only cut a few times
  5. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

are you dissociating?
  6. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

I think I am, I just never though of it as dissociation before. It always happens to me when I try to kill myself or am very close to it. Ive never had it this bad though. I could have sworn I made no more than 6 cuts. I hope it doesn't get worse, i have to pretend I'm normal all the time!
  7. Lizzieni

Lizzieni Well-Known Member

Please try not to feel guilty - you're only human. And if you're feeling quite unstable at the mo, maybe you need to reach out for some therapy, get some help. xxxxx
  8. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

Thanks for the kind words Lizzieni :)
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You shouldn't be too hard on yourself, a lot of us relapse every now and then. I usually do something to distract myself from these thoughts and feelings...I'm not sure if you do, but maybe you can find something that works for you.
  10. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

It just feels like such a waste going so long without and then doing it again. I have coping methods but they don't help very much anymore. I've just gotta keep myself distracted I guess
  11. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

If you are depressed you should seek help, killing yourself is not the answer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.