started cutting again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dazzle11215, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

well i'm not proud of it, but after 12 years i started cutting again, last week. i did it for 4 nights, stopped for a bit, and cut again this afternoon.

i will talk to the community nurse about it on wednesday when i see her. i think i know some of the reasons why, control over feeling overwhelmed would be the main reason, but i am a bit shocked at how quickly i've latched on to this again.

i'm keeping a mood journal and i have to rate how good an activity feels once i've completed it... thing is, this feels good. on a 1 to 8 scale, it's an 8, and there's not much else that calms me so well. the sad thing is that i see it as a punishment, too. so it's good and bad at the same time.

thx for listening. i know i will have to stop. i'm just not ready to stop just yet

2. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

Hugs... i can relate... have been cutting myself after a time of not cutting.... i am thinking of you and hope you do not cut too deeply... I know you will over come and regain control of it again...
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Try your best dazzle to stop cutting yourself. I know it can be hard, but you've stayed away from it for 12 years, so you know that it can be done. Maybe another method might be better?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.