Started cutting.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by cult logic, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

About a month I cut myself intentionally for the first time.

Last night I did it again. I'm about to do it again now.

So I guess I'm making my way to being a "cutter".

2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

oh hun thats not good at all. :( whats going on to make u feel this way?

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Too much.

But the cutting is fairly effective.

Why should I not cut? It's not like I'm really gonna care if I do serious damage.

Besides each cut gets me closer to the lethal one.

4. Buggsy2008

Buggsy2008 Well-Known Member

It all depends on your outlook I guess.. I think there's a fair few people on here who don't actually want to stop cutting.. then there's others who want to stop so badly.

Personally i've just given in to the fact that it's something I do and there's no use fighting it.

If you don't want to stop then it's your decision, just be safe with it. :hug:

5. Shifter

Shifter Well-Known Member

if u have been telling me the truth then i know how to cope sorta.....but first please don't go. u don't wanna make a lethal cut. my friend did when he was feeling crappy when he was 12 and i was 9 the next week i tried to hang myself with the tie i wore. my brother got me too quick X_X when my friend heard he told me it might have felt good at the moment it hurt him severely and he highly recommends against it. And if u go, im keeing u company in hell.....so its better to live here on earth. and when ur here ur never alone!:console::hug:

6. cuttings just like any other addiction man
    you use it once to relieve the pain
    you're gonna use it again unless you get help
    but its not necessarily a bad thing
    just keep it shallow, keep it few and far in between
    when i used to cut it was more of a reminder that i'm alive then trying to take my life in any way
    if you're worried about becoming a "cutter" then find something else to take that position its founds its way into
    remember, its really more of a release than anything else for most people

7. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

I tryed to suicide twice(never cut to noticable in my school because of all the programs we have about this stuff.)and I was so sad/depressed that I rode my bike into a street and got hit by a cop,didn't plan the whole get hit by a cop thing.but when I went to court for damage fines.they had a video of his dashcam show the "accident"and I cost the police man his job because he was speeding.I feel really bad about that.(he was evan getting charged with manslaughter,but he was inisent to it because I wasn't in crosswalk

8. looking2aspire

looking2aspire New Member

Be safe, It will become a part of you and quite an addictive habit to break, I've been there and thank fully came through the other side. Don't get me wrong i'm far from cured (if there is such a thing) but it has been a while since i did it. My best advice would be is to find a distraction (anything, no matter how small) before the urge becomes strong. Take care of yourself...

9. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I really haven't done anything too severe. Just slices on the upper part of my arms, which I have scars on anyway from other things. Bleeds a lot but nothing that would really hurt me yet.

At any rate scars don't matter to me.

Also a question to those that have self harmed longer: Is it normal to get nauseous/dizzy when you cut?

That happens to me for some reason.

10. Shifter

Shifter Well-Known Member

k what ever floats ur boat as long as it isn't serious X_X

11. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

It shouldn't be.

If I died from cutting it would be from sheer luck. I finally got a razor to use and I'm not sure I like the visceral feel of the ultra sharp stuff. The blunter blades I use would take more force to kill myself with than would be easily done to yourself.

Though I potentially could if I got really upset. However, that doesn't happen extremely often.

When I do it I'm going to od, less pain.

Haven't cut at all today BTW.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
  12. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Congratulations BCS. That's one positive step. Cutting won't result in a fatal cut. Our bodies are too evolved for little mishaps like that from happening. Deep cuts= ugly scars, nerve pain (sometimes chronic), and social alienation, either from yourself or others.

Cutting won't result in suicide.

13. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Not necessarily.

If I were to go into the kitchen, grab a knife, and slash my wrist/neck as hard as I could there is a fair possibility I could die.

It's just difficult for someone to do that.

Anyway I've never really thought I would die by cutting, just more of wishful thinking.

Then again I doubt anyone in my family would be surprised if I died from cuts.

14. jameslyons

No, you won't.

Sorry, I should say. In my empirical experience, You can not lay open your arteries with a swipe. Besides that would be incredibly painful.

15. SadPandaBear

SadPandaBear Well-Known Member

I wouldnt have thought it.. but I had started this drestructive behaviour back in high school....

I finally drew red.. and sighed in relief... I made it. I succeeded. I felt like I accomplished something.. finally after so many years..

REalistically... I was fooling myself. ONe day we all hopefully, and finally.. realize that life is a product of our own wishes. Life is what we make it. We hold ourselves prisoner. When we can let ourselves grow, let go.. and be free, without criticism from ourselves *our most horrendous of critics) we can realize that eventually life is about growing.

Sooner or later.. most of us will be able to see the line.
    And know when its time to cross it. Sadly many of us wont. But the line is there.... be victim of the past... or step beyond the line, take control. grow up and step beyond the white line we feel restricted by. Its taken way too long... but now I finally see it.... and this line is not so hard to cross.... I just needed to believe.

If only I could see it sooner...

16. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

@ Jameslyons:

I still disagree. A proper cut to the neck can kill you with one hit if it's executed properly. It would be excruciating but it is possible. (I just like to argue semantics)

@ panda:

I'm not sure what you're telling me? Because I honestly don't see how cutting can cause large problems.(which is what I think your describing?)

I mean the ones I did last month are barely even visible now, it's not like I'm stabbing myself.

17. Buggsy2008

My dad used to say to me that he knew people who had died from suicide and self harming.. well, i think he knew people who had started off self harming and then killed themselves.

His thing to try and scare me off it back then was saying that he knew alot of people who did what i did, and now theyre all in graveyards.

It didnt work.. i just thought 'lucky gits' at the time.

18. jameslyons

Good point Buggsy.

bcs: It's true, you can die if something pierces your neck, just like if something pierced your sternum and impaled your heart. But a self-inflicted pierce like that is absolutely a suicidal move and not self-injury.

Self-injury will almost never result in death. But again, it can have serious ramifications. For god's sake, it's the most commonly portrayed method of suicide but it lists about #7 on causes of successful suicides. That's after electrocution.

Bloodletting is just that.

19. Buggsy2008

If it was a fatal cut then like has already been said that would be suicide not self injury...

The main draw of self injury is for the feelings we experience after we cut/burn/whatever.. if we're dead we wont feel those feelings.

(sorry if that's already been said, I only skim read to recap).

Slitting your wrists/throat isn't the best form of suicide i wouldn't imagine. I'd imagine it would be painful and kind of slow compared to some others. It wouldn't be my first choice I know that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.