Started on Mirtazapine

I'm 10 days in to taking Mirtazapine 15mg every night. Is it normal for it to get worse before it gets better? I feel worse than I have felt in a long time.

I think anti-depressants in general have a potential to make depression worse, especially in people under 25. Have you tried talking to your doctor or pharmacist about this?

Last edited:

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yes, they can make you unstable during the on set/withdrawal/change of doses. Keep in regular contact with your doctor if the symptoms get too bad, we're here for you too anytime as is the chat room here. Best of luck on your new medication.

First time I took it I was astonished how much better I felt. Last time it was introduced it defo made me feel worse. And very sleepy 😴 So I think it can and it depends... although what it depends on, I'm not really sure...

Also agree with keep talking to your Dr and support network x

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'd give at least a month for any meds, they can definitely have that effect (unless it's really bad all the time ofc). With meds, you gotta look at a more general progress and long-term. I hope they help you. *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00