Starting a new life...?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Anju, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Anyone else ever have an overwhelming urge to just pack up, take what savings they have and start again somewhere far far away?

If I ever mention it to people they just think ah phooey, you just wanna get away from something here, you don't really want to leave. But I actually do...it's not a rash decision, it's something I find myself planning subconsiously...this place has nothing for me ya know :(

Anyone else feel this way? :unsure:

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Moved 2600km to a place where I knew no one on August 31. It's great.

3. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

So then it can work out...:unsure:

4. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Me and my mother are also thinking about it...
    Or at least new house little away...

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

To be decided. I'm no less suicidal here than there, but I'm meeting new people, something I haven't done for years.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

There are times I wish I could walk away and leave it all behind. take nothing with me whatsoever. Then reality comes back.

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Actually, it can be done. It is nice. Everything is gone. Blank slate... My relationships even with the few people I stayed in touch with have drastically changed as well. My mindset is different, my goals are different...

I'm still lonely, though, but that should pass as I meet new people.

8. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

See now there's a big plus, a clean slate...

Aoeu, honestly do you think that getting out helped? You say you're still lonely but then moving to a new place, that's to be expected...hopefully should be able to be changed as well...:unsure:

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I was lonely there, I'm lonely here, but I think I'm happier here. I feel that I'm in a much better position to deal with life.

I felt stuck at home. Stuck in my degree, stuck with friends I don't like - and not many friends at all... Stuck with my family. Now I'm quite a bit freer. Happiness is... foreseeable.

My life is in no way similar to how it was before. I'm not stuck in who I used to be. I'm whatever I want, now, and I like what I'm becoming.

>_> But I got offered a really, really sweet job back home next summer.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
  10. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I think about it a lot. I would LOVE to live somewhere completely differant. A new country entirely. Of course I still think about visiting the U.K, possibly living there and elsewhere in Europe, and Ive always wanted to live in Japan.

Massive moves requiring plenty of $$$....I just dont have it.

11. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I could never escape from myself so it doesn't matter where I am geographically! :sad:

12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I have the advantage of having very little in material goods, and also of being in a very big country so I don't have to emigrate to move. I brought everything I need in my wallet, a large travel bag, and my backpack.

13. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

i wouldn't mind moving someone else where there isn't anyone i know and start afresh.

firstly, i don't have a occupation that can be easily transferred and secondly, some cash to start off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.