Starting over

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by AfterFact, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AfterFact

AfterFact Well-Known Member

On Saturday night, I relapsed. There's no complicated reason. I'm a alcoholic. I wanted to get drunk, so I did. I also nearly killed myself. So now here I am, two days sober, and trying to pick up the pieces. I don't know how I feel right now. Numb and lost come to mind but that's not all there is to it. I fucked up, I paid the price, still paying the price actually, this hangover is horrible. I would have been coming up on 5 months of sobriety on the 28th. Now it will be two weeks. Shit happens as they say. Some things never change I guess.

2. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

You almost had five months, and that's very good. Don't rake yourself over the coals for relapsing.

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

AfterFact a hug for you now..best wishes for success with staying sober.. There probably is a website for fellow souls doing battle with alcohol.. I found one for smokers that I have found..thousands of good ppl in all stages of the battle..think it would be very worth your time to look for one fighting alcoholism..

4. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

"Some things never change" you say. I disagree. You changed. Five months sober is a hell of a lot of change. You lapsed and now you're sober again. Concentrate on that. You might want later to think about why you wanted to get drunk especially if you have someone to talk it over with. Hope you're getting help irl.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Slip up hun ok my god you did so good staying sober so continue on like you say hun ONE day at a time. Talk to someone go to AA don't be so hard on yourself hun hugs

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

2 weeks shy of 5 months? So the score is 136 to 1...... seems like a pretty good ratio.... I hope you get back to work on a shutout next game

Be Safe

Ben

7. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

Don't look at it as starting over. Look at is at what you are capable of. If you look at it as you've just blown 5 months, it only make you less motivated to not drink... "What's the point, I already blew it?" You know? Don't think of it like that.

Some people go 20 years and relapse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.