Starting to HATE females

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther

Is there a huge difference between assertive and aggressive/pushy? I don't think so.

It's easy to act like it's black and white. People can either be 'strong' and stand up for themself which is good, or 'pushy jerks' which is bad. As if you can choose to be one or the other. The reality is there are huge shades of gray. Assertive people will always have the potential to cross the line into aggression, depending on who's judging them. There is a very fine line between confidence/assertion and aggression/bullying. It's entirely subjective and will differ from person to person. So saying guys should be 'confident' but not jerks (I know you didn't say that, but I hear it a lot) is just stupid.

there's a big difference, but it just depends on how you interpret the words. There's nothing wrong with being assertive, at least not on my understanding, we need more people who will stand up for themselves and be strong. However I do agree that people can cross the line, but I think people who genuinely care for others will not be stupidly aggressive.

SadDude87

there's a big difference, but it just depends on how you interpret the words. There's nothing wrong with being assertive, at least not on my understanding, we need more people who will stand up for themselves and be strong. However I do agree that people can cross the line, but I think people who genuinely care for others will not be stupidly aggressive.
Yeah, it does come down to how you interpret it. But you still haven't differentiated assertive and aggressive.

If someone 'persuasively asserts' that it's their belief person A should perform/believe in X, when/why does it turn into aggression?

The reality is that both assertion and aggression are methods of dominance, and making others believe what you believe/do what you want them to do. The only possible way to differentiate the two is by the persons demeanour. And since we aren't static, and our mood is always changing a person may be seen as assertive one day and aggressive the next.

Last edited by a moderator:

bleach

Good point.. but then again, that outlook only further demonstrates what a lost cause it is to try to live your life through the eyes of others. Nothing you do can please everybody, no matter what your actions are.

SadDude87

Yep. When a woman says they want their man to be confident and assertive, but not aggressive and a jerk they are comparing the same behaviour but just using different terms to describe some preconceived notion they have of what is 'good aggression' (assertiveness) and 'bad aggression' (being a jerk) which only they themselevs can judge.

The same goes for saying they want a person to be 'nice' but not a pushover. Again, it's the same behaviour using different terms depending on how the individual analyzes it. Men do exactly the same thing too.

The moral of the story? Just as Bleach said. You will never please everyone, so listening to stupid, simplified 'What men want' and 'What women want' is useless. All you can be is yourself. And you will still be judged differently by every single person you meet depending on their own personal criteria and past experiences.

Lead Savior

Yep. When a woman says they want their man to be confident and assertive, but not aggressive and a jerk they are comparing the same behaviour but just using different terms to describe some preconceived notion they have of what is 'good aggression' (assertiveness) and 'bad aggression' (being a jerk) which only they themselevs can judge.

The same goes for saying they want a person to be 'nice' but not a pushover. Again, it's the same behaviour using different terms depending on how the individual analyzes it. Men do exactly the same thing too.

The moral of the story? Just as Bleach said. You will never please everyone, so listening to stupid, simplified 'What men want' and 'What women want' is useless. All you can be is yourself. And you will still be judged differently by every single person you meet depending on their own personal criteria and past experiences.
I like this guy

DarnTired

Antiquitie's Friend
"Hate" is a strong word. I can truthfully say that the word "Frustration" better suits me. There are times when I am truly frustrated with women.

And then there are lots of times when I'm not.

Placebo

You will never please everyone, so listening to stupid, simplified 'What men want' and 'What women want' is useless. All you can be is yourself.
Best advice ever.

When people call me a "bitch", I know it's because they are jealous because I'm free (to express my honest opinion without regret or shame), and they are.... not.

I wouldn't change for anybody. That would suck ass. :laugh:

Flight

I don't hate females; I don't hate males.

I think I hate everybody. But I love individuals. Does that make sense?

Women and men both can be shallow, petty, sluttish (men more than women here, imo, but I'm naive), and cruel.

Some women are just amazing individuals. It kills me to see them paired with cruel men. Vice versa too, though it doesn't 'kill' me as bad.

But, although we don't like to admit it, we all love a pretty face. Really, that's what it comes down to. Shy, cute guy, abashedly smiling at a distant memory, absorbed in his own thoughts VS Shy, greasy guy, grinning disturbingly at... you aren't sure what.

Almost any sort of personality can be attractive, if an attractive person is doing it.

G

ggg456

I think once I started focusing on my ED/my body I realised a lot of things about people, and women in general. When I say I love all women, I think I meant women as an 'idea.' My gf is the same way. In real life, I don't love all women no. :laugh:

Last edited:

gag

I hate people in general, but I'd have to say I dislike females more than I dislike males.

From personal experience, I'd consider most women to be a helluva lot meaner than most men. They just don't flaunt it as much.

There's a lot of bullshit games out there, enough to take away the hope from any person. Life is hard and it's easy to generalise.
Fortunatly there are some really great people in this world, something the people of this forum is a living proof of! :grouphug:
Wow, truly well said.
I honestly used to believe that men simply do not have genuine feelings, but just remember, we all used to be little kids, playing outside, running around carefree. Life happened to us. We tried to figure out how to survive, and some of the decisions we made not only hurt ourselves, but inadvertently hurt others, as well.

It's hard to think that there are people of the opposite sex that are still good, but the fact that we're all here, and stating that we have some mistrust of each other, shows that this happens in relationships, regardless of who is what sex. Maybe it's less about what gender they are, and more about control.......???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00