Starting To Hear Voices

Status
Not open for further replies.

emotional_girl

Depression is getting worse...I've been sick for about 3 weeks now and can't get better...Now I'm actually starting to hear voices in my head telling me to go ahead and slit my wrists.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Get down to your doc pronto, there are treatments available, so don't sit there in misery :hug:

emotional_girl

Thanks for your concern. I already went to the doctor last week because of a sinus infection, which I had been suffering from for 2 weeks. I got antiobiotics for the infection (infection cleared up but then I started feeling weak and light-headed and having headaches every day. Now it feels like the sinus infection might be starting to come back). Unfortunately, although our co-pay for visiting the doctor is only $20, we can't afford for me to keep going to the doctor. I've got to figure out something else. I have no idea what, though. But I've got to figure something out because if I keep going like this, I won't be alive next week.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Do you have anything like our (England) MIND organisation?
Mind helps people with any kind of mental disorder find help.
Failing that, please ring the Samaritans if the misery becomes overwhelming, or pm me at any time :hug:

emotional_girl

Been thinking about the option of calling a suicide hotline when I get real desperate, and I've been trying to rehearse in my head what I would say when they answer, and I keep drawing a blank...not sure what I would say, how I would word stuff. I have a hard time with that on here too...paranoid of how I'm wording what I say and if it will make sense and if what I'm actually trying to convey would come through. On here, I re-read my posts over and over and over and I'm still not sure about what I'm saying. On the phone, I wouldn't get that opportunity to keep re-wording stuff. What I've said, I've said and there's no re-doing.
As far as an organization to help me find help...does it cost money? We don't have much money to spend.
Thank you for wanting to help me. You don't know how much that means to me. You don't even know me and you seem like you truly care...and that means the world to me! :hug:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
How's things today :smile:

Our Mind organisation doesn't cost a thing as its a charity, and as to the crisis line, I used to work a crisis line; people phoned in in a terrible state so they will understand if you are less than coherent.

emotional_girl

Haven't heard the voices anymore, but still really depressed. I'm finally starting to feel better physically though. Regaining my strength and stuff after being sick for such a long time.

cloudy

Depression is getting worse...I've been sick for about 3 weeks now and can't get better...Now I'm actually starting to hear voices in my head telling me to go ahead and slit my wrists.
i can say this. when i first started getting sick, i was hearing voices too. i had people harassing me around that time. i was also depressed. the best thing to do is go to the hospital and be admitted if need be. from there they can help you. the other alternative would be to find someone to talk to like a suicide line or a family/friend.

i remember when i was developing schizophrenia and hearing a voice at work. i was already taking a medication. it was just a mess. hope you get to feeling better.

flowers

Just saw this thread. I am glad you are feeling better.
It sounds like you live in the US. Because you mentioned co-pay. If so, sometimes there can be free services available that you may not know of. United Way partially funds many help groups or agencies, that are not well known but help people for free. Eg: a group I found through united way, called psychiatric survivors. They help people who need help. Free of charge. I had a woman come to my home to assist me in filing for disability. And then taking me through the entire process including going before the judge, with her at my side. She was a god send. And I foud her by calling the united way. I did have to call them twice. Because different people who answer the phone seem to look at different things.

There are many groups that the United way has listings of. Usually they can be reached by simply dialing 211 on the phone. Explain your financial situation and then what you are looking for, be it mental health support, or medical support that you can afford.

Most important, if you begin to hear voices again, please find a way to get to a doctor and get on some medication soon. And do not listen to what they tell you to do, of course. But it is possible that the voices were transitory, and due to the medication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00