Starting to like myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Regenesis, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regenesis

Regenesis Well-Known Member

Hey,did it ever happen to you to start to like yourself when you know you are pathetic?This is what happens to me now.
    I always felt bad because I am lonely and no-one likes me,and I had a few suicide attempts,but now I don't think I want to change myself anymore.
    That is strange.Now I really want to stay all my life isolated,I don't want to try to comunicate with anyone,and I want to push others off.I realize that I am a looser of society,so I decided to live in my own world.And I really like it.I can be happy in my own way(next to my PC).For the moment at least,I'm not suicidal anymore :biggrin:

PS:Do you like these songs?(Yeah,I know I have somethin' with music)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAdmfIrjKQQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV3PkM_MijQ

2. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

the best happiness is the kind that is within

3. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

for some people interaction can make them happy for other people living in their own world where no one can get to them can make them happy. there is nothing wrong in either of these two things, or whats in between. as long as it makes you happy and content with yourself then its what works best for you

oh and congrats on beating the suicidal feelings for the moment. i really hope it stays that way for you x

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with my good friend crrokxshanks either way is alright. I too am an isolationist, have been for the last fifteen years.. My therapist says if it makes you happy then there is nothing wrong with it.. I just don't do people..I have my computer, TV, books, gave my playstation to my grandaughter..And I have my dog..That is one thing I would reccomend is getting a pet..My therapist suggested it to me so I got a dog. It took me two months but I finall y grew to love him and now he is my constant companion..

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Liking yourself and who you are is the first step to healing. I am glad you have finally reached this point. Perhaps you will be able to expand and trust that others can like you too with some time. :hug:

6. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I've started feeling like this more and more. As I feel further disconnected from people and society i've felt myself become more insular and 'crazy' but in a good way. My mind feels richer than it ever has.

7. Regenesis

You know,for about 2 minutes I tried to figure out what liking myself has to do with that.But then I realized that it means to like me,not to
    lick me.LOL
    PS:I think we had a fight.I'm trying to remember if it was you or another one.Not that it really matters,but in that area I'm not that worked up anymore.Like now I know that If I don't consider those things normal,there is something wrong with me,not them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
  8. Regenesis

So,how old are you?
    Grandaughter?You sound like an old dude.
    I have a dog.But I just hate him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.