Starting to like what I despise...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Joshy, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshy

Joshy Well-Known Member

I don't know how to deal with starting to like what I use to/still do severely despise.
    This is music related mostly.

In the begging I started out with early Emo music. The old 90's and early 2000's stuff such as Sunny Day Real Estate, The Replacements, Weezer, The Smiths, and then I went to a more pop-punk style like Fall Out Boy. I absolutely still am a fan of Fall Out Boy, and I think I ALWAYS will be, even though they are currently at hiatus.

Then after that, I started to go into Blues and lots more Punk like, The White Stripes, BB King, Albert Collins, and a lot more. I even bought an expensive limited edition Gibson Les Paul during that stage, to try and play the songs I enjoyed listening to. So I practiced and practice and became significantly very great at playing guitar..

Then I went through a sort of... Industrial-Metal stage of Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Dir En Grey, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, etc..
    That went really well because I loved playing some songs by Tool!

But Nine Inch Nails really moved me the most into my next stage which I am currently in...

ELECTRONIC. Pure Electronic music. All Day. Every day. For the past 3-4 years. Moombahton, Minimal, Hardstep, Hardstyle, Early Dubstep, Modern Dubstep, EDM, House, Trap House, Dutch House, UK House, Tech-House, Techno, Trance, Nu-Disco, CHIPTUNE (My favorite sub-genre of Electronic music), etc..

Just recently I went and bought the new Zomboy EP "The Dead Symphonic" as well as KOAN Sound's new EP "The Adventures of Mr. Fox!" It's wonderfully creative and amazing to my ears.

Incase I haven't mentions, I've also been producing EDM and DJing on a digital turn table with all the regular functions as a real set of turn tables. BPM Sync, and all that 'Jazz.'

So I've really dedicated myself to Electronic music.. In fact a little too much. I practically hate all kinds of music BUT Electronic music.

But now I'm starting to change... Somehow a genre I've always despised the most in my entire life history of music... I'm starting to like... Because it branches with my Electronic music.

The genre I'm starting to listen to that I despise so much... Is SCREAMO.
    How did I get from EDM to Screamo?

CRUNKCORE. I fucking love Crunkcore. But I've only been listening to the following artists;

Trap House Rave, Brokencyde, Pee On My Panda, and Suicide Silence occasionally since I heard a remix of them done by Belzebass, or I think it was remixed by The Bloody Beetroots... Anyways, those artists.

Now here I am... Trying to learn how to scream when I'm physically incapable of screaming or even raising my voice.. When I searched "How to scream" I thought to myself:

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ANYMORE.

So how do I deal with this.... ?
    I've always despised Screamo because it sounds like metalcore bullshit, MALFORMED from Emo, ruining my childhood of early Emo music.. That's why I hate it. It's a malformation of Emo. It's pure shit. I wouldn't even call it Emo. I'd call it Metalcore bull shit that sounds like a 12 year old pre-mature ****** screaming into a microphone wearing more make-up than KISS. (I'm primarily judging Screamo by a specific artist that I despise the most; Blood on the Dance Floor. It's so fucking gay. Not in the sexual sense, so NO OFFENSE TO HOMOSEXUALS. I AM NOT HOMOPHOBIC. )

It's garbage.

I just don't know what to do anymore with myself. I don't want this but I like my Crunkcore...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.