Starting to play acoustic guitar!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Light_In_The_Dark, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

Ok. I started to learn playing my acoustic guitar (model: unknown, family heritage, 5 string, 6th broken) few years ago, but i couldn't couse i was busy with school. Few weeks ago I started playing again, my grandpa (BEST guitar player in my town) started teaching me. I told him I'll buy the 6th string, but he said i dont need it. He said that he learned to play guitar on 3 string guitar ( :blink: ), and that if I really want to know play guitar, I must learn to play with 5 strings. OK, whats the situation now? I know about 50 songs to play: Fur Elise, Ode to joy, Pain it black, Axel F, Tubular bells, moonlight shadow etc etc etc. I made some of my songs, too: "Warriors of the light", "Aliens", "Viva la Resistance", "Keep the flame burning" and "Midnight blues". Ill post them when I record them. Cant wait to start practicing them and to record them. Wish me luck!
  2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeeeeet. G'luck. :smile:
  3. Light_In_The_Dark

4. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

Thats awesome. just keep at it. there will be times when youll want nothing more than to smash that guitar to pieces but its all worth it in the end. Being able to play music is one of the most rewarding things a person can do IMO.

although, i would suggest getting that sixth string. I mean technically yes you could play without it but whats the point? with it youll just have more of a tonal range to play and write songs with. And a lot of chords dont sound right even with one missing string.
  5. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

When I got my first acoustic guitar I learned two chords and made my first hit (a humorous song about my schoolmate and his girlfriend. The whole classroom loved it.)

Keep on good playing:cool:
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

cool! good luck:smile:
  7. Light_In_The_Dark

too heck with acoustic guitar. me got this monster:

anyway i learned so much to play. and many chords, techiques etc. etc.
  8. Light_In_The_Dark

The waiting game - my first song. today i recorded only chorus, on lyrics it goes like this:

We play the waiting game baby
    We play the waiting game.
    We can win or lose it baby,
    Lets take it to the end.
  9. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I wanna learn how to play bass..... AAAHHHHH!
  10. danni

danni Chat Buddy

Awesome keep it you and you be on the stage with alot of people in the crowd listein to you play.
  11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

very cool
    it's a great hobby to have :smile: