Starting to seriously consider suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMW2606

It's simple, I just have become to feel pointless now.

My partner of 3 and half years recently left me, which was about the only thing left that made me genuinely feel like I had a purpose.

I'm 28, back living with my parents, have little to no social circle, a dead end job, and mental illness that has been haunting me for years now.

I've just begun to feel like I'm taking up space now, I have a loving family, and a councillor who I am seeing, but overall I'm just struggling to see the point anymore. I'm just constantly disappointed and uncomfortable, I'm on antidepressant medication, but just feel like maybe there's no place for me in the universe (I've felt that way for a while), I'm not a huge people person and I always feel like I'm just not "getting it" when it comes to being a normal person.

Starting to really think that maybe it would just be easier to check out at this point. Might be better.

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey there @BMW2606 welcoke to the forums.
Things are pretty tough right now huh? I’m sorry your hurting, I have no words of wisdom not just wanted to welcome you to the sf family.

Keep posting

MagickLynx

SF Supporter
It isn't easy to start all over again, I'm in a similar position as you and just wanted you to know you're not alone and am also here if you need to talk.

BMW2606

It isn't easy to start all over again, I'm in a similar position as you and just wanted you to know you're not alone and am also here if you need to talk.
What do you do to try and take your mind off things? i feel like im just trapped in this mental nightmare every day, and i cant take it for much longer

MagickLynx

SF Supporter
What do you do to try and take your mind off things? i feel like im just trapped in this mental nightmare every day, and i cant take it for much longer
Something that works is playing my favourite video game, to be honest though, it is definitely like I'm in a prison and I can relate to how you feel. I suppose the key is to try to persevere. I can't really say anything though as I'm currently going through various mixed up feelings, sometimes feeling hopeful about the future but then feeling completely utterly hopeless.

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
Can relate to almost all of what you're going through. What I try and do to cope is channel my discontent into productivity. Expressing myself by drawing, or engrossing myself in a textbook... not exactly distractions, more like things to focus my emotions onto, if that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00