Starvation

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Taylor, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taylor

Taylor Member

I had to go to rehab for cutting and since I dont want that to happen again, I've been using a different method to deal with my problems.I stop eating. Ive been anorexic since i was about 10 but things have gotten extreme this past year. im 25 pounds underweight and I havent eaten in two days.And im dehydrated all the time. I just cant force myself to eat. Once I went a week on nothing but lemon water. And it wasn't that hard. I know I should seek medical advice but Im terrified of hospitals because I was raped in one. Anyone help me please?

2. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Are you completely sure you're anorexic? I've learned - perhaps maybe I have been misled - but anorexia is where people don't eat as a means of them thinking they are overweight, you admitted to being underweight. Maybe it's a subsitution for cutting, a different form of self-injury?

I hope I don't come off as rude, I'm only saying that because anorexia can be fatal and isn't really what you'd want to be diagnosed with. Perhaps there are DBT groups that can help you with your eating habits.

Either way, I hope things work out the best for you.

3. Taylor

Taylor Member

I'm anorexic, I think im fat but my doctor said I was underweight. So I just thought I'd mention it. An no, you're not rude,thank you for trying to help

4. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Hey hun, I'm sorry things are so rough for you right now :hug:

I really think you should seek help, but until your ready you should do as much damage control as you can. For example, are you taking a multivitamin? Also, drink tons of water. Not eating and being dehydrated is bad combination. Is there any way you can ease yourself into eating food? Maybe with fruit smoothies or something liquid that has some good stuff in it? I love 'Naked' fruit smoothies. They're really easy to get down (in my opinion), but they've got a pound of fruit in each bottle.

I don't know if that helps at all, eventually you will need to start eating again and probably need the help of a therapist or something. But in the meantime, definitely take care of yourself the best you can!

5. Taylor

Taylor Member

Thanks Alison, that helped me so much!
    I just went and got some 'Naked Juice' and it's pretty good and looks healthy. :}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.