Starving but can't eat

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Flight, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flight

Flight Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I'm not anorexic or bulemic. But I have a problem.

I'm too thin, and I don't eat nearly enough. Last year I used to eat 3 huge meals a day just to keep my energy up and hunger pangs down.

I was like the typical "hungry anime" character. I'd eat anything (well mostly), I would always want food, and often find my thoughts drifting off to delicious food - all while somehow staying skinny without any real workouts. (Don't kill me for that, ok? It was damn expensive to get all that food all the time. Money and time lost.)

During the past year, I've moved out on my own, and, because I'm both lazy and poor, I started to eat less and less every day.

At first it bothered me (hunger pangs, low energy) because I'd been eating so much less, but eventually I guess I got used to it. I have energy, keeping the same weight as always (no matter what I do, I swear) but I was eating about 1/3 as much as I used to.

The past few weeks though, I've found my appetite for food (which was only a year ago a gigantic, unstoppable beast) is gone. Like, absolutely gone. Just thinking about food can turn my stomach, and make me gag. I eat a little here and there, about 1/6 of what I used to per day. But I find especially that repeat food turns me off. I can't have pizza or subs, I feel absolutely full when I think of these, and they used to be my favorite.

I want to gain a little weight. I want to be able to eat and not feel so faint yet repulsed by food.

The plus side is I can puke on command now, just by imagining a slice of pizza nearing my mouth...
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

You probably should see your doctor about this hun
  3. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

I have had a period like this not so long ago and the pdoc has given me something that works on mood and appetite (dual work for a single pill) and
    worked just fine after few days I was back on track. Call your pdoc and take an apointment hun. You will see that all will be resolved in a very short period :smile:

Be well and Stay Safe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.