State of confusion when awakening?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by resistance, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

You know when you wake up, and you haven’t a clue who or where you are? Happens to me all the time. I wake up confused, and I say the most stupid of things in “reply” to someone who is talking to me, only to find there is no one there. I walk to the top of the stairs and I shout down to say something to my dad, and he’s like, “what are you talking about?”. I have woke up thinking I am in a hospital, I am in another country, in another house, or not in a house at all. I have woke up forgetting what my name is and sometimes even thinking I am not human. Bizarre. It’s all really bizarre. This happened to me this morning, I woke up in such confusion I was almost in a panic. It doesn’t last long, only lasts a minute. Maybe I am still “living my dream” (or nightmare, in some cases) when I awake, but sometimes I can’t even remember the dream before I woke up.

Does this happen to anyone else?
  2. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

all the time...sometimes worse than other times. I am bad about reember what day of the week it is...
  3. Snooze

Snooze Well-Known Member

wow! umm. Im really really into dream related stuff. I've been studying dreams and whatnot for quite some time and I've been into lucid dreaming for twoish years.

I know about the confusion when you wake up. But I never heard of it being that strong! I dont have the answer yet but you certainly woke up my interest!
    Im so gonna look into that :smile: ill let you know what I find out!
  4. Snooze

Snooze Well-Known Member

ok i've just posted your problem on a lucid dreaming forum :)
    i'll let you know if these guys got any detailed info
  5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Thank you :) Will be interested in hearing what they say.
  6. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

What forum is it? In the last couple years I've started having hirrble vivd nightmares...I've always had interesting dreams, but I knew they were dreams...not it's reached a whole different level.
  7. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

Yes it can take me upto 5min or more to 'awaken' properly, I have no memory of the dream but I can have converstaions with nobody there.

Lately its the middle of the night and i awake terrified ready to scream and start searching for where its gone. I dont ever remember the dream and it can take me a while to stop searching for whatever it is.

Luckierly this only happens few and far between!

So I wouldnt worry too much, I think this is pretty normal!
  8. danni

danni Chat Buddy

i have some but they last only a couple secs, i think were still half asleep in are dreams.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.