staying distracted but...........

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by pheonix, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheonix

pheonix Well-Known Member

i woke up this morning with the urge to cut
    the urge has been there allday and things have happened throughout the day that have made the urge so much more stronger and i have been trying to stay distracted but i am done with distractions i dont see the point in staying distracted anymore
  2. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

we all have those days.. but is it worth it? is it worth the scars?

ive had completely messed up days the last week and ive been trying to stop myself but it doesnt work. the first cut was the hardest and easiest to make. but just know if you let a little piece of metal or whatever your using control you like this that it wont stop. the first one is the one that always gets me going, i dont know about you, but it is with me. sometimes i cant stop until the blade is covered with blood and theres blood on the floor. opening yourself back up to this kind of pain is what starts the addiction all over again, just tell yourself "it will NOT control me" or any other phrase that means something to you that will get you to stop cutting. it gets hard man, its life. but trust me, your NOT alone. ive been able to stop myself from cutting this entire morning with the knowledge im never going to do some of the things i love anymore.

hope this helped man. if you want to you can PM me, ill be here most of the day. i would love talking to somebody.
  3. pheonix

pheonix Well-Known Member

running out of things to do
    i can no longer stay distracted
  4. NotSureAnymore

NotSureAnymore Well-Known Member

Well by all means, you shouldn't. But to be honest.. I don't feel better until I do. Although.. you should go talk to a close friend that knows about your self harming. I have 1 friend, of 12 years, that knows that I do cut myself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.