Staying Strong For Too Long

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by the-price-is-wrong, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been suffering from depression for a while now. There are a couple people in my life I have been staying strong for, but our relationships have became distant. I feel insanely weak now, and that there is no reason to stay strong. Why do I have to feel this way? I don't know.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You have stayed strong for these people, so obviously you care about them a great deal. They obviously care about you too and wouldn't want to lose you. Just because the relationships have become distant doesn't mean they have to stay that way. You can tell them how you are feeling and that you want to get close again.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

All of us go through times when our reserves seem so low...are you seeing someone who can help you find other reasons, closer to your truer self, to continue? Maybe, this might be something worthy for you to explore? Sending you caring thoughts
  4. Stripes

Stripes Member

Hi, it is horrible when friends become distant. You have to remember to live for yourself too - can you try to see yourself as a friend also? I have found this to be helpful sometimes even though it does take some work. Wishing you well
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.