STD tests?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Digital Angel, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital Angel

Digital Angel Well-Known Member

I had a traumatic sexual experience February of last year. I'm not going to say rape but I had sex with a girl I did not want to have sex with and I didn't have a way out of it really. I also had protected sex this summer with a girl who's had done it with several of her boyfriends in the past with condoms. Sometime in September I had a white dot on my penis and moved for awhile, it's just a red dot underneath my skin now.

I want to get tested for STIs. Can I go in without any real symptoms to get tested? All I know of is the dot which is very small, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm 19 and I have insurance but it's through my parents and I'd rather not have them find out. How much would it cost to get tested at Planned Parenthood? I'm kind of nervous about calling but I'm going to do it near the end of the month. If someone could give me a cost perhaps or any advice at what they'd do that would be great?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008
  2. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Not sure how much it would cost but I'm sure they can give you a blood test for the more common STDs. Be better to get it done now and catch it early, if it is an STD it may be treatable, if left too late you never know. Don't be embarrassed, thousands of teens get tested for STDs everyday. A few minutes talking with a doctor about something that makes you blush and getting it sorted out is way better than some weird, painful occurence happening later down the road and possibly being permanent. I'd say call, find out how much it would cost and lie to your parents if you need to borrow cash. Not exactly morally correct but it'll save them a lot of worry and stress, if the situation is serious it isn't going anywhere so you can tell them the truth if it becomes evident that it's something you need help with.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.