Steal, Steal, and Steal!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaish, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

Just a little rant. I hate so much on Facebook how people will take your photographs and post them as their own. This is in regards to photographs of celebrities. I love photoshop in order to make the photograph look better. Not to overdo it or anything. I post stuff that really strikes a nerve to me. Working on a piece today I felt the most excitement I have felt in months. I post it so proud and with a nice caption, not a minute later someone posts it as their own. it annoys the hell out of me. How can they not see it as disrespectful? I don't want to tag the photograph because I feel that takes away from the beauty. It just freaking sucks. I take up to an hour working on these photographs and when finished am proud and want to show everyone.

For awhile I stopped doing these photographs because they're personal. Each one I work on is creating memories. So to then to have someone post it as their own. Freaking disrespectful. They don't even credit me. People don't even care though. They don't give a crap who made it. I'm not going to create a page to show off my photographs. To me that is egotistic. I don't care about a crapload of likes. I just want my photograph to have a uniqueness to them. How is it unique when 3-8 people also post it after I post mine? Which then means theirs is seem before mine.

It blows. People are so freaking heartless. This is exactly why I stopped for awhile, but photoshop is my passion. I need to do it to feel happiness. Pretty much. No win.

2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I'm sorry, that definitely would upset me a lot too. It is stealing. One idea is to include a copyright on your images you upload to Facebook. You could do it in a way that even if someone were to download your work and crop it, that the copyright would still be visible.

3. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

Hmm, that is something to consider. Thanks for the idea. I have not done a lot of looking into it, but I should.

4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

5. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

Thank you. I appreciate it! :)