Stealing my parents candy

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by neens, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neens

neens Member

The last two months I've noticed that I've eaten alot of candy. I always buy candy while I can and at nights I've sneaked into the kitchen and stolen candy bars from my parents candy locker. I know I'm not supposed to and that it will be bad, but I just cant resist. I'm underweight, and very thin from a time of depression in my life, and I havent noticed any weight gaining. But from all the candy I get full and wont eat any "real" food, and it worries me.

I usually hide candy around the house, and when I'm alone I eat it up. I think that I've got around 7 places with candy on which I can reach and eat when I feel for it. I dont know why I want to eat so much candy, and all the time, too. I'm always trying to find a moment where I can take a small piece and then hide in my room.

Its maybe normal to eat once a week, but once a day? Is that good for me?

2. Roots

Roots Well-Known Member

Maybe you're an emotional eater? I don't know, I'm only suggesting. Or maybe you're bored? I have a tendency to eat when I'm bored, so I was just thinking that might be the case. Just snacking away~ Candy is what I usually crave also. It's probably not good for you, eating only sugary and unhealthy foods. And you shouldn't steal from your parents, but you already know that. They want some candy too, hehe!

You can make a rule for yourself; eat healthy meals first (breakfast, lunch, dinner etc.) and after each meal you can eat as much candy as you want. Then you would get some nutrients also. That's what I try to do when I crave "bad" food. It's important to keep your body ... well, happy and as healthy as possible. =)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010
  3. Astronaut

Astronaut Member

Candy isn't that bad of a health hazard when you compare it to booze n' such. What should concern you is the stealing part. Do you get a rush, a feeling of victory when you steal it?
    I did stuff like that all the time, and trust me, if you start to get addicted the high of having your own secrets and hidden rewards it can lead to more serious things. Like shoplifting. And worse. I'm not saying that's where you're headed, but this is how it starts for alot of people

4. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

Heya - I'm bulimic, and I started off nicking food from parents. Then money to buy stuff. Then lifting. Beware, these things escalate before you know what's hit you.

Lex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.