Step one

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Smashed__, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

I called 1.800.DONT.CUT a self harm hotline tonight(this morning?) at 4am.

I told the lady I don't cut, and told her I need to nkow what help I should look into. I was suprised, but the place is actually not too terribly far from me. I told her my mum knows, but I'm scared and just looking at options. She said I can get more info later today with my mother and I set a time to call at 11:00am

I am unsure If I will make the call or not. I reached out and tried and was shaking the entire time, I Just don't know If I can do it again. I know she said they do in-patient care and the out-patient care. I am nervous and can't sleep so I'm not sure how I'll make it to eleven. :unsure:

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Good luck with the call later, let us know how it goes. I'm sure it'll go fine. :smile: And you should make it, it'll probably be a big help. Take care. :hug:

3. Smashed__

I can't do it. :(

I am pathetic! It's 10:36am and I know I can't do it.

4. Spearmint

Aw. :hug: Did you ever get around to making the call?

5. Smashed__

no :sad:

I'm going to try and bring it up with my mother today, I haven't SH since the 17th(?) so I don't want to screw up.

6. Spearmint

You should try and give them a call. :yes: It's a big step, but I bet it'll help you out in the long run. And that's great! (The no SH-ing since the 17th.) :hug: Take care.

7. Smashed__

I didn't call but we talked thismorning and she was very very supportive!
    She made me feel SO much better. She is going to something, therapist or something first and then if it doesn't help I'll try in-patient. anything.

I told her I would try anything but meds. She said okay. :unsure:

thank you for the support Jess

8. Spearmint

No problem, I hope all goes well with that. :hug: Glad she was supportive of ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.