Stepped back from the brink

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Oddie, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oddie

Oddie New Member

A few days ago, impulsively, I started down the path of the ending my life.

It really surprised me, as I never imagined doing so on a whim - I find the thought calming, and have a plan in place, always assumed that when I was ready, it would be a positive decision.

Anyway, I called a crisis line and this helped stop me, though I must admit, I was reeeeaaaaallllly tempted to follow through.

Now... I guess I'm here because I'm a bit shocked- I knew I was close to the edge, but never imagined that impulse would ever carry me over. It makes me frightened, but equally, it seems like something I can't talk about with anyone in my life, mostly because I want that choice available if I make that decision, but also because if I'm not serious, I don't want to burden anyone unnecessarily.

I'm about to finish therapy, so I KNOW that that isn't the answer, and equally, I've been told I'm one of those people for whom the meds don't work. So I guess any decision to stay has to totally come from inside, but after a yr in therapy trying to deal with hellish repressed memories I wish I'd never uncovered... I feel hollow, spent, exhausted, pointless, hopeless.

Thanks for listening- I just had to share what felt like a near miss, and this seems the one place to do so.

O.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you reached out to crisis line continue to do so ok A year is not along time for therapy can you not continue on with therapy if you need it still you should continue on ok
    It can take years to heal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.