Steve Jobs dies at 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeci

Banned Member
Former Apple CEO Steve Jobs has died after a battle with cancer at the age of 56. For my money the most important "tech" guys in human history. Defintly changed the course of human history.

flyingdutchmen

Means nothing to me,there's people dying all over the world every second. Dunno why this guy is any better than anybody else
let me get this straight, in your opinion the death of someone like Albert Einstein is no more tragic than the death of someone who has contributed nothing to this world ?
Either you are frustrated or you realy have no idea who Steve Jobs was and what he has contributed in his life. Bill Gates may have put a computer on every office desk, but it was Steve Jobs
who put one in every bedroom and living room. He repeated the trick by putting one in every bag and every pocket ( iPad and iPhone ). If you use a computer or smartphone today, it is either one he created, or an imitation of his genius.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
I feel sad that Steve Jobs died. His innovations changed much of the world in a very significant way.

Not saying he didnt do good things with technology but my friend died aged 34 and she was a wonderful woman,her children no longer have a great mother. That's a tragedy to me,I'm sorry she didn't invent a gadget for you to play with but that takes nothing away from her in my eyes

English mathematician Charles Babbage (1792–1871) designed a mechanical computing machine called the "analytical engine." It is considered the forerunner of the digital computer, a programmable electronic device that stores, retrieves, and processes data.

Erm I don't think Steve jobs invented the computer

flyingdutchmen

Not saying he didnt do good things with technology but my friend died aged 34 and she was a wonderful woman,her children no longer have a great mother. That's a tragedy to me,I'm sorry she didn't invent a gadget for you to play with but that takes nothing away from her in my eyes
Im very sorry you and her children lost their friend and mother. I wasnt talking about inventing gadgets, but about contribution. As you said your friend was a great mother to her children and a good friend to you, that is also a contribution to this world. She might not have reached the same fame by doing so, but that doesnt make her contribution any less significant. The reason i felt i had to say something was because of the first few words in your posting, which where "Means nothing to me". Being in newspapers just happens to famous people. It doesnt make them better as a human being but it is just one of those side-effects. About your last post, i never said Steve invented the computer. Sorry again for the loss of your friend

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Mark101, I'm sorry your friend passed away. :hug: The closer we are to a loss, the more we feel it. Of course your friend's death was a tragedy. It is always sad when a good person dies, no matter whether their contribution to the world was on a personal level, family, national/international, industrial, scientific...It all matters.

johnnysays

Cancer is disgusting.

I hate death. It's merciless. Inhuman. Genocidal. Tyrannical.

It's....... Undeserving.

*images in his mind killing death and cancer ruthelessly like the t-800 terminator cybernetic mandroid*

johnnysays

Means nothing to me,there's people dying all over the world every second. Dunno why this guy is any better than anybody else
What you say here is indulgent.

We see death all around us. We do not need to be reminded that it's all around us.

The death of Steve Jobs is just a convenient time to talk about it. Get it?

Tomorrow, it could be anybody. You. Your brother. Your sister. A friend. Anybody.

*Knock Knock*
Grim Reaper comes to the gateway door and opens it a sliver.
T-800: Grim Reaper?
Grim Reaper: Yes, sir. Wha...
T-800 kicks the doors open and hte Grim Reapers falls backward.
Grim Reaper: No, please....
T-800 whips out his blastergun and vaporizes the Grim Reaper forever.

I'd just love to see this Grim Reaper eat his own medicine.

StevenSiew

THINK DIFFERENT

http://i.imgur.com/7LX0q.jpg

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. - Apple Inc.

hornbeam

Brilliant quote above.

Rip Steve Jobbs ........ thank you for your inventions...

I feel guilty I didnt know the man until I put on my computer this morning -
56 is too young to go but he has left us with an amazing legacy......xxx

StevenSiew

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important." - Steve Jobs

have some damn respect!!! someone has just died put your personal crap to one side for a moment after all steve had a family to and now his children dont have a father this isnt about who means more to somebody this is about someone who has just passed away.no ones death is less tragic than anyone else's

My apologies to all those I've offended,I guess I'm from the wrong generation to appreciate this technology and see it as something truly great as you guys obviously do. I used to like my CDs and saw it as a massive pain in the ass when the digital age put all the great record shops I used to spend hours in just browsing,out of business.
But once again sincerest apologies to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00