STICKY: Kids and my Suicidal Thoughts/Depression

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by hopeless, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopeless

hopeless Well-Known Member

i am at the point where i feel that my kids would be better off without me. i am having some really bad thoughts lately and my husbands recent obcession with purchasing guns is not helping. i try to tell him that it is not a good idea, but he strongly believes in the right to bear arms and loves to hunt when he gets the chance.

i am in a sticky situation in that if i do act and fail i will lose my kids and husband forever. i don't want to put any of them through that again (my family, all of my attempts happened before my kids were born). i just wish the pain would stop. the thoughts would stop and the only way i see that happening for me is to have my life stop.

2. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that :( I believe what ever you do is your decision. I don't know believe you should kill yourself because there's always hope and a light at the end of the tunnel. It takes time to get there. I can see why your calling this a sticky situation because you don't want to loose your husband, or want your kids to experience what's going on with you. Your husband has a right to believe in bearing arms because that's in the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. I hope you seek some extra help such as professional support. However, that may be difficult for you to do. Remember there's always options that you can do. I'm sorry that your going through such a difficult time, and remember that your kids and husband love you very much. :hug:

Trevor,

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Your kids won't be better off without you, you are their mother and you are very important to them. I know they would be very sad if you hurt yourself and so would other people. There is always help out there so don't be afraid to look into it.

4. Tmacster1

I hope you consider looking into help because there's lots of options out there that doesn't involve inpatient treatment. :hug:

Trevor,

5. hopeless

hopeless Well-Known Member

thanks for your support. i did call my pastor and let him know some of what was going on. he has always been supportive and helps me when i am feeling ill.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That's good that you decided to call your pastor and that he is such a big support. I only hope the best for you. :biggrin:

7. Tmacster1

I'm glad that you called your pastor and that he's supportive of you. Hopefully you two can talk to each other and maybe he can help you. Sometimes I think pastors make a good form of counselor and mentor. Because my Youth Pastor is a great mentor in my life.

Trevor,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.