Still abusing us!

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by toffeekitten, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toffeekitten

toffeekitten Well-Known Member

When the abuser leaves the family or when you leave them, the abuse is supposed to ease off if not stop...I wish! He is still bloody abusing my mum and me! he cant do the physical abuse anymore, but he is doing the emotional stuff which I personally found more damaging! Why the hell can't he jst leave us alone?! He is such a bully! I hate him! He is hurting my mum yet again and all I can do is sit back and watch. I feel so helpless and frustrated....Why won't he just let us live our lives?!

2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Has your mum taken legal advise? It may be possible to get a court order so he is allowed no contact with either of you.
    If he breaks the order then he risks being arrested.
    Emotional abuse is just as bad, sometimes worse than physical abuse and taken just as seriously.

Take care Hazel

3. ballinluig

ballinluig Well-Known Member

theres no words that i can say that that would ease ur pain or for ur mum, even though i know what ur mum can be like with u. but at the end of the day babe u only get one mum. Yes they can give u crap, moan and shout at u but us mums have crap to deal with aswell. im not taking sides but perhaps she doesnt have anyone who she can off load some of the stuff shes got in her head.

i know what she does to u, but sometimes we have to be a bit more mature and i agree with the stuff uv writlisten to us mums. like i said though i know exactly what she does to u and and some things are not right. she should be able to show u how to love and respect folk.

now your s-d.......yep hes a real shit.
    like ive said im here for u. xxxxx

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

same advice I was gonna say....an intervention order so no contact and if he breaks it follow through and have the police charge him...
    you and your Mum don't deserve to be harassed like that....

5. toffeekitten

toffeekitten Well-Known Member

Hazel and IV2010, I dont think the courts are on our side. You see, there is a long and complicated story but basically the courts are already involved, and despite knowing that my step dad is abusive, they still granted him access to my half brother, his son. I really dont think they will grant us anything.

D, Yeah I know why she does it, and I know she has so much crap going on. I have been through it with several counselors, my CPN said the other day that I have developed this skill to be able to see the bigger picture in pretty much every crap situation I get in.
    The reason she offloads is because she feels she has no-one else, or rather she chooses not to confide in anyone. Im told regularly that im the most mature out of me and my mum, and thats by people who know us both very well!
    Thanks for the support, its very much needed at the moment. xxxx

6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

There is a no contact order with my father now as he was doing pretty much the same thing.

There are occasional hang up calls but it's pretty much stopped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.