Still an Option?????

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by pancake111, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Suicide forum, or this one, but anyway...

I was in school, and I was thinking about suicide. I'm not nearly as suicidal as I was a year ago (thanks to Zoloft), but I still feel like suicide is an option for me. I don't necessarily feel like killing myself soon, but if things turn really bad later on down the road, I don't see/have a problem with killing myself. I'm not afraid of dying.

I don't really believe that there is a point in life. I feel like once we die, we die. We might go to some "other side" or something, but that's it. I don't really think when we die matters. I don't want to grow old and be helpless, or worse, alone. I don't want to get to that point. I have no problem with killing myself before that happens.

I'm sort of rambling, but can anyone else relate? Does anyone else feel the same way?

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Yea I can relate. It's kinda why I barely bother doing anything. There's no real point in life, and regardless of what you do the result is still the same - death. I too am not a person to just off myself on a whim. I tend to plan it out.

3. Kurai

Kurai Active Member

I think I relate... My problem with the world is the general lack of purpose. I'm big on creating things from games to stories to imaginary worlds and even occasional art but I often hit a slump. I reach a point where I can't think of any real reason why I'm doing what I'm doing. It's the same in life, people live and then they die. You can say that maybe they did things to help the human race or planet as a whole but still... What does that actually mean? There is no sign of any God in this world, no evidence of anything even slightly supernatural that can't be disproven. It's unfortunate. :(

4. Raven

Raven Guest

Theunbearable lightness of being, the feeling that nothing in life matters, thereis no great purpose in life. I have always felt that life was without any trueintrinsic meaning. It is really up to the individual person to decide what tolive for. I have always thought of it as freedom, that I am not bound by someoverall plan for life.
    Yes deathis the end result of life, and I truly hope nothing exists beyond this life.Death however does not invalidate the experiences I had in my life.

5. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

I know this feeling. I had a friend who made me promise not to kill myself once, but I had to go back and tell him that while I wasn't intending to, I had to keep it open as an option, and I wanted him to understand that. I think I freaked him out, but it seems like it's the same sort of thing you're talking about. Even when we don't immediately plan to kill ourselves, we need to keep it on the shelf of possibilities, just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.