Still having this problem....

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MonkeyCadet, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonkeyCadet

MonkeyCadet Member

Treating... Treating my arms as if they're pumpkins for halloween.... Hating myself every minute, and hating myself with everything I do.... Can anyone please, please share some helpful tips to avoid this.... Everyday it gets worse and worse, and I'm becoming more and more scared of myself with no one to go to :badday::blue::(
  2. Cylon Kitten

Cylon Kitten Member

In times like these, I find it useful to go outdoors and make a concentrated effort to find beauty in the things i see around me. I find that if I can find ONE beautiful thing- be it the intricacy of a spiders' web, or the particular configuration of the clouds- in the world around me, I can get through to another day. If i can stall for just one night causing myself harm, I count it as a victory and that gives me hope that i can do it again.
  3. MonkeyCadet

MonkeyCadet Member

Yeah... I'll give it a shot. I love being outside with nature... Can be quite calming if in the right state of mind. Thanks for the idea :)
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Hello Mack - I am sorry it has been difficult. I wish I knew an answer for you but really the answer is different for many people. Some of the simpler things you might try are post on here, start a member diary to write about how you are feeling, or a member private diary if you are reluctant to write about the feelings as opposed to the actions and want to do it in a more private area of the forum. Posting on the main forums such as here will get you some feedback where as the private diary you will get no feedback (other members can not read your private diary - all of the guidelines for it are in the section). This will not fix the problem but it may delay it to process and think instead of immediately react. I have seen you in chat before - stop in there and see if you can just talk to people so you do not need to be alone in your thoughts, and as I have offered in the past feel free to send me a private message.

This is a link to a UK handout that lists a great many ideas for distractions to help out - read through it and try some of them - hopefully one or more may help you. The helplines are UK specific but I would be happy to find you some US helplines as well - a good selection of them are also readily available on this forum. Distractions and Alternatives FINAL.pdf

Take Care and Be Safe

5. MonkeyCadet

MonkeyCadet Member

Hey Ben, thank you for the link. I found a couple things that stuck out to me that will hopefully help. I guess I'll find out soon enough.... Thanks again!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.